To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi Georg the Greek.
I think creating a new list is the solution.
Quickly list all worksheet names with hyperlinks as table of contents of workbook
Kutools for Excel
Microsoft Office Word provides Table of Contents feature, which is convenient for quickly navigating between different parts of document. Ever thought that you want to use such similar feature while handling workbook with too many worksheets? If so, Kutools for Excel’s Create List of Sheet Names utility can help you quickly:
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools Plus >> Worksheet >> Create List of Sheet Names. See screenshot:
1. Activate the workbook you want to build worksheets index.
2. Apply this utility by clicking Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Create List of Sheet Names. And specify the style, name and location for the index worksheet. See screenshot:
(1). With this option, you can create a sheet index with hyperlink or macro button.
(2). Input a sheet name for your Sheet Index.
(3). Specify the position of the Sheet Index, you can put it before all sheets, after all sheets or before current sheet.
(4). With this option, you can display the Sheet Index as one column, two columns, three columns or four columns. Tip: If you have too many worksheets in the workbook, you should consider to create the Sheet Index with 2 or more columns.
3. Click OK. And a new worksheet with sheet index has been created.
If you checked Contains a list of hyperlinks option, you will get the following result:
And if you checked Contains buttons and macros, you will get a Sheet Index with buttons as follows:
- If your workbook has many sheets, choosing a larger column number from the Displaying Sheet Index Into option will allow more columns hyperlinks or buttons to be visible without scrolling.
- Hidden sheets in the workbook are not included in the contents sheet.
- If you choose the Create buttons and macros option, VBA macro code is added to your workbook. Depending on your security settings, you may not be able use this option or you may receive a macro warning when the workbook is opened.
- This operation supports Undo, you can press Undo (Ctrl+Z) immediately to restore it.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI like the list of sheet names as hyperlinks. However, how do you get it to update when you add more sheets and/or change the name or order of sheets?