Quickly replace or change names in formulas with cell reference in Excel
Kutools for Excel
When a formula uses range names, and you want to convert the range name references to the actual cell reference, how can you do? Excel is not able to do that, while the Kutools for Excel's Convert Name to Reference Range utility can quickly replace names in formulas with cell reference in Excel. You can do the following operations:
Supposing you have a workbook which contains many range names in formula, and now you need to replace the range names with the actual cell references. Such as shown in the below screenshots.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools > Name Tools > Convert Name to reference range. See screenshots:
If you want to replace or change names within formulas with cell references in a range, please select the range and then apply the utility by clicking Kutools >> Name Tools >> Convert Name to Reference Range. In the Range tab of Convert Name to Reference Range dialog box, all formulas with names of the range will be listed in a list. See screenshot:
Info: As you see on the above screenshot, all formulas with names have been listed.
Please check the formula that you want to replace names with actual cell references in the list, and then click Replace button. And there will be a prompt box to tell you how many formulas have been replaced names with cell references.
The selected range names have been replaced with cell references. See screenshots:
If you want to know all formulas with names in a worksheet or workbook, please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Name Tools > Convert Name to Reference Range. In the Worksheet tab, click the drop down list from Base Worksheet to select the worksheet that you want to list all formulas with names. Tip: All Worksheets will list all formulas with names in the list. See screenshot:
Please check the formula which you want to replace names with cell references, and then click Replace button. And there will be a prompt box to indicate how many formulas have been replaced with cell references.
All of the names within formulas have been replaced by the cell references. See screenshots:
If you only want to list all formulas which have been used specific name, please apply the utility by Click Kutools >> Name Tools >> Convert Name to Reference Range. And under the Name tab, you can list all formulas according to specific names. For example, you can list all formulas which have been used the name costprice in the list. See screenshot:
Please checked the formula which you want to replace names with cell references, and then click Replace button. And there will be a prompt box to indicate how many formulas have been replaced successfully.
4. And the range name you specified has been replaced with the cell references. See screenshots:
1. This utility supports Undo (Ctrl + Z).
2. Checking View cell option can help you to view the cell when you click the item in the Convert Name to Reference Range dialog box.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.