Automatically add greeting when replying, forwarding or creating an email in Outlook
You may want to automatically add the greeting such as “Hi, Shan,” when you replying an email of Shan in Outlook. How can you automatically insert the greeting when replying an email in Outlook? Kutools for Outlook has this option for you to automatically insert greeting when replying email in Outlook.
Kutools for Outlook
Kutools for Outlook's Greeting option supports to automatically insert greeting with the first name, last name, or full name of original email's sender when replying an email in Outlook.
1. Click Kutools > Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, under Reply tab please check the Add greeting when create new, reply and forward email option, type the greeting text into below box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Tips: You can replace the greeting text and the SenderName with the FirstName or LastName as you need.
3. Now, when you reply an email, the greeting text will be inserted into the message body as below screenshot shown:
When creating a new email, the greeting text Hi, will be inserted automatically, see screenshot:
If you forward an email, the greeting text Hi, will also be inserted automatically, see screenshot:
(1) If the sender did not specify his/her name in the email, the <<FirstName>>, <<LastName>>, and <<SenderName>> will be replaced with this sender's email address in the replying email.
(2) The greeting will be only automatically inserted when you replying emails in new windows. In Outlook 2013, the greeting will not be inserted if you reply messages in the Reading Pane directly. Click to see how to disable replying in Reading Pane in Outlook 2013.
(3) Uncheck Add greeting when reply option to stop auto adding greeting when replying emails.
(4) If you check Select the greeting option, when replying a message, the auto inserted greeting will be selected as well. Otherwise, the greeting is not selected.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.