Easily block email by content of message in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
Maybe you always receive many junk emails which have some common texts or words in the message body, have you ever thought of blocking these emails by body content and move them into the spam folder automatically? It seems that you can’t find any method to solve it in Outlook, but fortunately, with Kutools for Outlook’s Block Body utility, you can easily block email by body content in Outlook.
If you want to block email by body content in Outlook, you can quickly get it done as follows.
1. Select an email containing the body content you will block emails based on.
2. Then click Kutools > Junk > Enable Junk Email Filter to turn on the Junk utility. See screenshot:
Tips: After clicking Enable Junk Email Filter in the Junk drop-down list, it will pop out a warning dialog, please click OK to go ahead.
3. After activating the Junk function, click Block Body under the Junk drop down list.
4. Then a Search Text dialog popping up, you can see the entire body content of the selected email is displayed in the New Search Text box, click Add button to add the texts to the Search List box.
1). If you don't want to add the body content of selected email, please remove it and type in the texts for yourself.
2). If you repeat the above step 4 to add more texts, the relationship among these texts will be "and".
5. Finally click OK button to finish the search text adding. In the next prompt box, click OK to close it.
From now on, when emails arriving with the specific body content, they will be filtered to the Junk emails folder automatically.
Now the specific texts have been added to the blocked list. Click Kutools > Junk > Rule Manager to open the Junk Email Filter Manager. In the Rule Description box, you can preview the rule description or click the underlined text to edit the criteria as you need. See screenshots:
Tips: As above mentioned, the relationship between multiple texts in a single rule is “and”. Here I will show you how to edit an existing block body rule to make the relationship between the texts becoming “or”.
1. Click Kutools > Junk > Rule Manager. See screenshot:
2. In the Junk Email Filter Manager, select the block body rule you have created and then click Edit.
3. In the Junk Rule Wizard window, you can change the criteria and body contents by clicking the underlined text. See screenshot:
4. In the following Text Contains dialog, click New to display the Search Text dialog. Manually add the texts and then click OK to finish the adding. See screenshot:
5. Now, you will see the detailed information in the Text contains description box, and the relationship between the new added body content and the original body content is "OR", then click OK to close the dialog.
6. Then, it will back to the Junk Rule Wizard window, you can see the body contents have been changed based on your modifications, click Next button to go on, see screenshot:
7.In the next Junk Rule Wizard window, set the exception criteria you need, if you want to skip this step, please click Next button directly, see screenshot:
8. In the last Junk Rule Wizard window, specify the rule name, rule notes and other options you need, and click Ok button to finish the settings, see screenshot:
9. Then it returns to the Junk Email Filter Manager dialog, remain the Block Body rule ticked, and click Ok to close the dialog.
1. If the rule description is too long to preview, you can check the Display the rule description inline wrap option in the Junk Email Filter Manager dialog.
2. The Junk Email Filter Manager dialog can be resized by dragging the dialog border.
3. If you have created multiple rules into the Junk Email Filter Manager, these rules will be executed from the top down. For example, if the email complies with the first rule, this email will be moved to the Junk folder, and the following second, third rule are not executed. If the email complies with the first rule to stay in the inbox, but in accordance with the second rule, it will be moved to the spam folder.
4.If you have set the Stop processing other rules option from the Junk Rule Wizard for the first rule, the other rules will not be executed when the first rule execute.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.