Easily block email by content of message in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
Maybe you always receive many junk emails which have some common texts or words in the message body, have you ever thought of blocking these emails by content of message and move them into the spam folder automatically? It seems that you can’t find any method to solve it in Outlook, but fortunately, with Kutools for Outlook’s Block Body utility, you can easily block email by content of message in Outlook after you have configured the texts to be the blocked body.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
If you want to block email by content of message in Outlook, you can quickly get it done as follows.
1. If you have a certain email message which has the content that you want to set as the blocked content of message, please select this email.
2. Then please click Kutools > Junk > Enable Junk Email Filter to turn on the Junk utility. See screenshot:
3. After activating the Junk function, click Block Body under the Junk drop down list.
4. Then a Search Text dialog popping up, the whole email content which you have selected will be automatically added to the field under New Search Text, and then click on Add button to add the texts to the Search List.
1). If you don't want to add the email content which you have selected, please type in the texts for yourself.
2). If you want to create the “and” relationship among texts, please repeat this operation.
5. Finally click OK button to finish the text adding, and a prompt box will display, click OK to close it.
And the specific texts of the message body have been added to the blocked list, you can preview the rule in the Junk Email Filter Manager. See screenshots:
And in the Junk Email Filter Manager, you can create new rules, and edit or delete the rules, at the same time you can export and import the rules.
When you receive some emails contain those content will be filtered to the spam folder automatically.
As the above mentioned, the texts have the “and” relationship, besides this, there is also the “or” relationship among them. You can repeat the above steps to add another rule to the block list, and the relationship between them is “or”. At the same time, you also can go to the Junk Email Filter Manager to edit the rules that you need.
1. Firstly you should go into the Junk Email Filter Manager by clicking Kutools > Junk > Junk Email Filter Manager. See screenshot:
2. In the Junk Email Filter Manager, click on the rule you have created and then click Edit.
3. In Junk dialog, and in the Block Body section, please click button.
4. In the following Text Contains dialog, click New to display the Search Text dialog. Manually add the texts and then click OK to finish the adding. See screenshot:
5. Now, you will see the detailed information of the Block Body rule, then click OK to close the dialog.
6. Clicking OK twice in the following two dialog to finish the whole setting of the Block Body rule.
After finish setting the block body, the emails with those content will be filtering when receiving them.
1. Make sure that the Junk Email Filter is turning on when you start using your Outlook.
2. If you want to stop running the rules that you are created, you can click Enable Junk Email Filter to turn off this function, or you can go to the Junk Email Filter Manager to uncheck the rules that you don’t need.
Kutools for Outlook
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365