Easily block email by content of message in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
You may always receive many junk emails which have some common texts or words in the message body. But have you ever thought of blocking these emails by body content and move them into the spam folder automatically? It seems that you can’t find any methods to solve it with built-in features from Outlook. Fortunately, with Kutools for Outlook’s Block Body utility, you can easily block emails by body content in Outlook.
If you want to block emails by body content in Outlook, you can quickly get it done as follows.
1. Select an email containing the body content you will block emails based on.
2. Then click Kutools > Junk > Enable Junk Email Filter to turn on the Junk utility. See screenshot:
Tips: After clicking Enable Junk Email Filter in the Junk drop-down list, a warning dialog pops up, please click OK to go ahead.
3. After activating the Junk function, click Block Body under the Junk drop-down list.
4. Then a Search Text dialog pops up, you can see that the entire body content of the selected email is displayed in the New Search Text box. Click Add button to add the text to the Search List box.
1). If you don't want to add the body content of selected email, please remove it and type in the text by yourself.
2). If you repeat the above step 4 to add more texts, the relationship among these texts will be "and".
5. Finally click OK button to finish the search text adding. In the next prompt box, click OK to close it.
From now on, when emails arriving with the specific body content, they will be filtered to the Junk emails folder automatically.
Now the specific texts have been added to the blocked list. Click Kutools > Junk > Rule Manager to open the Junk Email Filter Manager. You can see that part of the rule's information is showing as a remark in the list. Also, you can preview the rule description or click the underlined text to edit the criteria as you need in the Rule Description box. See screenshots:
Tips: As above mentioned, the relationship between multiple texts in a single rule is “and”. Here I will show you how to edit an existing block body rule to make the relationship between the texts becoming “or”.
1. Click Kutools > Junk > Rule Manager. See screenshot:
2. In the Junk Email Filter Manager, select the rule named Block Body which you have created and then click Edit.
3. In the Junk Rule Wizard window, you can change the criteria and body contents by clicking the underlined text. See screenshot:
4. In the following Text Contains dialog, click New to display the Search Text dialog. Manually add the texts and then click OK to finish the adding. See screenshot:
5. Now, you will see the detailed information in the Text contains description box, and the relationship between the newly added body content and the original body content is "or", then click OK to close the dialog.
6. Then, you will go back to the Junk Rule Wizard window. You can see the body contents have been changed based on your modifications, click Next button to go on, see screenshot:
7.In the next Junk Rule Wizard window, set the exception criteria as you need, if you want to skip this step, please click the Next button directly, see screenshot:
8. In the last Junk Rule Wizard window, specify the rule name, rule remark and other options as you need. Note that if you leave the Rule remark box blank, the rule will show part of its information as a remark. And then click Ok button to finish the settings. See screenshot:
9. Then it returns to the Junk Email Filter Manager dialog. Keep the Block Body rule checked, and click Ok to close the dialog.
1. If the rule description is too long to preview, you can check the Display the rule description inline wrap option in the Junk Email Filter Manager dialog.
2. The Junk Email Filter Manager dialog can be resized by dragging the dialog border.
3. If you have created multiple rules in the Junk Email Filter Manager, these rules will be executed from top to bottom. For example, if an email meets the condition set in the first rule and be moved to the Junk folder, then the following rules will not be applied on this email. If the first rule says never block a sender, the emails sent from the sender will never be blocked even if they meet the condition of the second or following rules to move them to the spam folder.
4. If you have checked the Stop processing other rules option when you created or edit, let's say, the second rule, the rules after the second rule will not be executed. However, the first rule will be firstly executed since the order prevails.
5. To batch delete or copy the rules listed in the Junk Email Filter Manager, you can first select the rules with the help of Shift and/ or Ctrl button, right-click on the selection to bring up a menu as shown below, and then select the option you need.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.