Easily block email by subject line in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
Kutools for Outlook’s Block Subject utility can help you easily block email by subject. The Kutools for Outlook’s Junk can detect and intercept the emails that containing the words you have configured to be the blocked subjects in Outlook subject line. So, with this utility, those emails that contain the subject that meet the conditions will be filtered as the junk emails when receiving them.
To easily block email by subject line in Outlook, you can do as follows.
1. If you have a certain email with the subject that you want to block, select that email.
2. Then click Kutools > Junk > Enable Junk Email Filter to activate this Junk utility. See screenshot:
Tips: After clicking Enable Junk Email Filter in the Junk drop-down list, it will pop out a warning dialog, please click OK to go ahead.
3. And then click Block Subject from Junk drop down list, see screenshot:
4. Then it will display a Search Text dialog.
In this dialog, you can do as follows:
1): The email subject which you have selected will be automatically added to the New Search Text field. Please click Add to add the subject.
2): If you want to manually add the words instead, please remove the subject from the New Search Text box and then type the words you need. Finally click Add to add the words.
3): After adding all the words, click OK to close the dialog.
4): You can also remove the words you added by clicking the Remove button.
Tips: The relationship among the texts is “AND”. You should repeat the typing and adding operations at least twice to finish it.
5. When a prompt box popping up, please click OK to finish the setting.
And the texts you entered have been added to the blocked list, you can preview this rule in the Rule description box. See screenshots:
And in the Junk Email Filter Manager, you can create new rules, and edit or delete the rules, at the same time you can export and import the rules.
Besides “and” relationship between the texts, there you can also create “or” relationship for them. You can repeat the above steps to add another rule to the block list, and the relationship between them is “or”. On the other hand, you also can go to the Junk Email Filter Manager to edit the rules that you need. Please do as follows.
1. Please go into the Junk Email Filter Manager by clicking Kutools > Junk > Rule Manager. See screenshot:
2. Now the Junk Email Filter Manager dialog popping up, click on the rule and then click Edit.
3. In the Junk Rule dialog, click on the hyperlinked text from the subject contains field.
4. When the Text Contains dialog shows up, click New to display the Search Text dialog. Manually add the texts and then click OK to finish the adding. See screenshot:
Tips: In the Search Text dialog, you can add multiple keywords as you need. And the logic relationship between these keywords is "AND"
5. When it returns to the previous dialog, you can see the rule details showing in the Text contains description box. And then click OK.
(1) In the Text Contains dialog, the logic relationship between text items is "OR".
(2) You can untick the specified text item to temporarily remove the keywords from the Text contains description box.
6. Now please click OK twice in the following two dialogs to finish all settings.
After finish setting the Block Subject, the receiving emails with those subjects will be considered as Junk emails.
1. Make sure that the Junk Email Filter is turning on when you start using your Outlook.
2. If you want to stop running the rules that you created, you can click Enable Junk Email Filter to turn off this function, or you can go to the Junk Email Filter Manager to uncheck the rules that you don’t need.
1. If you enable the Treat subject-less-free message as spam option in the Junk Email Filter Manager, this Email Junk Filter will treat the emails whose subjects are empty as spam.
2. If you enable the Display the rule description inline wrap option in the Junk Email Filter Manager, the rule description in the Rule description box will be automatically wrapped based on the manager width.
3. In the Junk Email Filter Manager, if a rule under the Block tab conflicts with rules under the Never Block tab, this feature will ignore the rule under the Block tab and carry out rules under the Never Block tab.
4. When running the Junk Emails Filter feature, the emails meeting the specified criteria will be moved to the Deleted Items folder.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.