Easily block email by subject line in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
Kutools for Outlook’s Block Subject utility can help you easily block email by subject. The Kutools for Outlook’s Junk Email Filter can detect and intercept the emails that containing the words you have configured to be the blocked subjects in Outlook subject line. So, with this utility, those emails that contain the subject that meet the conditions will be filtered as the junk emails when receiving them.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
To easily block email by subject line in Outlook, you can do as follows.
1. If you have a certain email with the subject that you want to block, select that email.
2. Then click Kutools > Junk > Enable Junk Email Filter to activate this Junk utility. See screenshot:
3. And then click Block Subject from Junk drop down list, see screenshot:
4. Then it will display a Search Text dialog.
In this dialog, you can do as follows:
1): The email subject which you have selected will be automatically added to the New Search Text field. Please click Add to add the subject.
2): If you want to manually add the words by yourself instead of directly adding the email subject, please remove the subject from the filed under New Search Text and then type the words you need. Finally click Add to add the words.
3): After adding all the words, click OK to close the dialog.
4): You can also remove the words you added by clicking on Remove button.
4. The relationship among the texts can be “and”. You should repeat the typing and adding operations at least twice to finish it.
5. When a prompt box popping up, please click OK to finish the setting.
And the texts you have entered have been added to the blocked list, you can preview this rule in the Junk Email Filter Manager. See screenshots:
And in the Junk Email Filter Manager, you can create new rules, and edit or delete the rules, at the same time you can export and import the rules.
Besides “and” relationship between the texts, there you can also create “or” relationship for them. You can repeat the above steps to add another rule to the block list, and the relationship between them is “or”. On the other hand, you also can go to the Junk Email Filter Manager to edit the rules that you need. Please do as follows.
1. After finishing the above operations, please go into the Junk Email Filter Manager by clicking Kutools > Junk > Junk Email Filter Manager. See screenshot:
2. Now the Junk Email Filter Manager dialog popping up, click on the rule and then click Edit.
3. In the Junk dialog, click on the button.
4. When the Text Contains dialog showing up, click New to display the Search Text dialog. Manually add the texts and then click OK to finish the adding. See screenshot:
5. When it returns to the previous dialog, you can see the rule details showing under Text contains description. And then click OK.
6. Now please click OK twice in the following two dialogs to finish all settings.
After finish setting the Block Subject, the receiving emails with those subject will be considered as Junk emails.
1. Make sure that the Junk Email Filter is turning on when you start using your Outlook.
2. If you want to stop running the rules that you are created, you can click Enable Junk Email Filter to turn off this function, or you can go to the Junk Email Filter Manager to uncheck the rules that you don’t need.
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!