Easily block email by subject line in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
Kutools for Outlook’s Block Subject utility can help you easily block email by subject. The Kutools for Outlook’s Junk can detect and intercept the emails that containing the words you have configured to be the blocked subjects in Outlook subject line. So, with this utility, those emails that contain the subject that meet the conditions will be filtered as the junk emails when receiving them.
To easily block email by subject line in Outlook, you can do as follows.
1. If you have a certain email with the subject that you want to block, select that email.
2. Then click Kutools > Junk > Enable Junk Email Filter to activate this Junk utility. See screenshot:
Tips: After clicking Enable Junk Email Filter in the Junk drop-down list, it will pop out a warning dialog, please click OK to go ahead.
3. And then click Block Subject from Junk drop down list, see screenshot:
4. Then it will display a Search Text dialog.
In this dialog, you can do as follows:
1): The email subject which you have selected will be automatically added to the New Search Text field. Please click Add to add the subject.
2): If you want to manually add the words instead, please remove the subject from the New Search Text box and then type the words you need. Finally click Add to add the words.
3): After adding all the words, click OK to close the dialog.
4): You can also remove the words you added by clicking the Remove button.
Tips: The relationship among the texts is “AND”. You should repeat the typing and adding operations at least twice to finish it.
5. When a prompt box pops up, please click OK to finish the setting.
And the texts you entered have been added to the blocked list, you can preview this rule in the Rule description box. See screenshots:
And in the Junk Email Filter Manager, you can create new rules, and edit, copy or delete the rules, at the same time you can export and import the rules.
Besides “and” relationship between the texts, there you can also create “or” relationship for them. You can repeat the above steps to add another rule to the block list, and the relationship between them is “or”. On the other hand, you also can go to the Junk Email Filter Manager to edit the rules that you need. Please do as follows.
1. Please go into the Junk Email Filter Manager by clicking Kutools > Junk > Rule Manager. See screenshot:
2. Now the Junk Email Filter Manager dialog popping up, click on the rule and then click Edit.
3. In the Junk Rule Wizard window, you can change the criteria and subject contents by clicking the underlined text, see screenshot:
4. When the Text Contains dialog shows up, click New to display the Search Text dialog. Manually add the texts and then click OK to finish the adding. See screenshot:
Tips: In the Search Text dialog, you can add multiple keywords as you need. And the logic relationship between these keywords is "AND"
5. When it returns to the previous dialog, you can see the rule details showing in the Text contains description box. And then click OK.
(1) In the Text Contains dialog, the logic relationship between text items is "OR".
(2) You can untick the specified text item to temporarily remove the keywords from the Text contains description box.
6. Now please click OK to back to the Junk Rule Wizard window, you can see the subject contents have been changed based on your modifications, click Next button to go on, see screenshot:
7.In the next Junk Rule Wizard window, set the exception criteria you need, if you want to skip this step, please click Next button directly, see screenshot:
8. In the last Junk Rule Wizard window, specify the rule name, rule notes and other options you need, and click Ok button to finish the settings, see screenshot:
9. Then it returns to the Junk Email Filter Manager dialog, remain the Block Subject rule ticked, and click Ok to close the dialog.
After finishing setting the Block Subject, the receiving emails with those subjects will be considered as Junk emails.
1. Make sure that the Junk Email Filter is turning on when you start using your Outlook.
2. If you want to stop running the rules that you created, you can click Enable Junk Email Filter to turn off this function, or you can go to the Junk Email Filter Manager to uncheck the rules that you don’t need.
1. If you want to block the emials that the subject is empty, you just need to create a new rule, and in the Junk Rule Wizard window, change the criteria contain to is empty as below screenshot shown:
2. In the Manager, there are buttons in the toolbar.
- : Click this button to create a new rule.
- : Select a rule, and then click this button to edit it.
- : Select a rule, and then click this button to copy it.
- : Select a rule, and then click this button to remove it.
- : Select a rule, and click this button to move it up.
- : Select a rule, and click this button to move it down.
- : Click this button to export all rules.
- : Click this button to import rules into the manager.
- : Click this button to view the operation
- : If you tick this option, the rule description in above Rule description box will be automatically wrapped based on the manager width.
3. Check the checkbox beside Enable to enable all rules.
4. It supports Ctrl or Shift keys to select multiple rules, and use right-click menu to batch copy or delete the selected rules.
5. If you do not edit the remark in the last step of the wizard, it will show parts of rules in the rule list, but the remark keeps empty in fact.
6. When running the Junk Emails Filter feature, the emails meeting the specified criteria will be moved to the Junk Email folder.
7. If you have created multiple rules into the Junk Email Filter Manager, these rules will be executed from the top down. For example, if the email complies with the first rule, this email will be moved to the Junk folder, and the following second, third rule are not executed. If the email complies with the first rule to stay in the inbox, but in accordance with the second rule, it will be moved to the spam folder.
8.If you have set the Stop processing other rules option from the Junk Rule Wizard for the first rule, the other rules will not be executed when the first rule execute.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.