Quickly compress / uncompress all pictures and attachments of emails in outlook
Kutools for Outlook
While sending message with large attachments embedded, you would like to compress these attachments in order to make sending faster. And for the emails with attachments you have received, compress them can release your folder space, and make your Outlook run smoothly. With the Compress All and Uncompress All utilities of Kutools for Outlook, you can quickly compress and uncompress all attached attachments in one or multiple emails. Besides that, the Auto Compress utility allows you to auto compress all received attachments, or compress received attachments automatically by specified rules.
Please do as follows to compress all attachments of one or multiple selected emails in Outlook.
1. Open an email folder and select one or multiple emails with attachments you want to compress at once.
2. Click Kutools > Attachment Tools > Compress All. See screenshot:
3. In the Compress Settings dialog box, check the Compress all attachments option and then click the OK button.
Tips: If you don’t want to display this Compress Settings dialog again in current Outlook session, please check the Don’t show this dialog again in current Outlook session box. But if you reopen Outlook, the Compress Settings dialog will be displayed again when applying the feature.
3. Then a Compress All dialog box pops up, click the Yes button.
Then all attachments (including picture attachments) in the selected emails are compressed immediately.
Sometimes, you only want to compress some specific attachments in selected emails rather than compressing all of them. The Compress All attachments feature also provides some conditions for you. Please do as follows.
1. Select an email or multiple emails containing attachments you will compress some of them.
2. Click Kutools > Attachment Tools > Compress All.
3. In the Compress Settings dialog box, supposing you only want to compress the type of .xlsx attachments which the size is more than 600, please configure as follows.
- Check the Compress attachments that match the following condition option;
- Check the Attachment type box and enter the file extension (.xlsx) into the text box (For multiple extensions, please separate them with semicolon);
- Check the Attachment size box, choose More than from the drop down list, and then type the attachment size (600) in the text box;
- Click the OK button.
Note: Please specify the conditions based on your needs.
4. Then a Compress All dialog box pops up to remind you whether to compress the attachments, click the Yes button.
5. A Kutools for Outlook dialog box pops up to tell you how many attachments have been compressed, click OK to close it.
Then only the attachments that meet the conditions have been compressed in selected emails.
This section is going to introduce the Uncompress All attachments of Kutools for Outlook to help you quickly uncompress attachments in one or multiple selected emails.
1. Select one or multiple emails which containing the compressed attachments you will uncompress.
2. Click Kutools > Attachment Tools > Uncompress All. See screenshot:
3. In the popping up Uncompress All dialog box, click the Yes button.
Then all compressed attachments (including picture attachments) in selected emails are uncompressed.
Note: This utility is only applied to the attachments which are compressed by our Compress All feature.
If you want to automatically compress all received attachments, the Auto Compress utility of Kutools for Outlook is your best choice.
1. Firstly, please turn on the feature by clicking Kutools > Auto Compress > Enable.
2. In the popping up Kutools for Outlook dialog box, click the OK button. Now the Auto Compress feature is turned on.
3. And then click Auto Compress > Auto Compress Manager under the Kutools tab.
4. In the Auto compress attachments dialog box, please configure as follows.
- Check the Auto compress all received attachments option;
- In the The file extension after compressing section, choose one option as you need.
- Click the OK button to finish the setting. See screenshot:
From now on, when receiving emails with attachments in Outlook, all attachments (including picture attachments) will be compressed automatically.
When receiving emails, if you only want to automatically compress all .xlsx extension attachments with the size of more than 600 kilobyte, you can create a rule with specific conditions to achieve it with the Auto Compress utility. Please do as follows.
1. Click Kutools > Auto Compress > Enable. In the popping up Kutools for Outlook dialog box, click the OK button. Then the Auto Compress feature is turned on.
2. And then click Auto Compress > Auto Compress Manager under the Kutools tab.
3. In the Auto compress attachments dialog box, you need to:
- Check the Auto compress received attachments by rules option;
- Click the New button.
4. In the Auto compression rule dialog box, please configure as follows.
- Enter the rule name in the Rule name text box;
- In the Filter conditions, specify the conditions you need (In this case, I only enable the Attachment type and Attachment Size conditions as follows);
2) Check the Attachment Size box, choose More than from the drop-down menu, and then enter 600 in the text box.
- In the Compressed extension section, choose an option as you need;
- Click the OK button.
5. When it returns to the Auto compress attachments dialog box, you can see the created rule already checked and the details of the rule as shown in the rule description box, please click OK to finish the settings.
From now on, when emails arrive in Outlook, the .xlsx attachments with the size of more than 600KB will be automatically compressed.
- Specify file extension for all manually compressed attachments.
- Set compression exclusion based on attachment file extensions or attachment size.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.