Quickly create, delete, and reuse quick parts (autotext) in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
When composing emails, you may find yourself often typing certain phrases repeatedly. With the Quick Parts feature, you can quickly compose email without retyping certain phrases over and over again. Kutools for Outlook’s Auto Text Pane enhances this feature with listing all quick parts (autotext) and quick part categories in a built pane, and enables you to reuse any quick part or autotext by only one clicking.
Click the Kutools > Pane in the Message window. See screenshot:
An Auto Text pane will come out at the right side as soon as you click the Pane button in the Ribbon in a message window. See screen shot:
1. Select the content that you will save as AutoText in the message body.
2. Click the button at the top of Auto Text pane.
3. In the popping up New AutoText dialog box,
(1) Enter a name for the new AutoText in the Name: box;
(2) Click the Category: box, and specify a category for the new AutoText from the drop down list. You can directly create a new category by clicking New Category button and then adding your category name.
(3) Click the Add button.
1. In the Auto Text pane, firstly click to select the category that the AutoText you will delete belongs to, and then click to select the AutoText to display the drop-down icon as below screenshot shown.
2. Click Delete from the drop-down list or directly right click to display the context menu. See screenshot:
3. In the popping up Kutools for Outlook dialog box, just click the OK button to delete the record.
Note: You can delete all AutoText Entries at the same time by clicking the Delete All in the drop-down list or right-click menu. And rename the AutoText entry as you need with the Rename function in the drop-down list in the right-click menu. See screenshot:
1. Place the cursor in the message body where you will insert AutoText.
2. In the Auto Text pane, firstly click to select the category that the AutoText you will insert belongs to, and then click the AutoText entry to directly insert to the email.
You can insert the AutoText entry as Rich Text, Plain Text or Picture as you need by selecting any one of them in the Drop-down list or the right-click menu of the AuoText entry. See screenshot:
2. You can also insert an AutoText with double clicking it in the Auto Text pane.
1. In the Auto Text pane, click the arrow beside the Close button, and then click the Move from the drop down list. See screen shot:
2. Then the cursor becomes a cross, and you can move the Auto Text pane to anywhere in the current message window.
1. In the Auto Text pane, click the arrow beside the Close button, and then click the Size from the drop down list.
2. Then the cursor becomes or , you can drag the cursor to adjust the size of Auto Text pane easily.
1. Click to select the category that you will delete in the Auto Text Pane.
2. Click the button at the end of the selected Category.
3. In the Popping up Kutools for Outlook dialog box, click the OK button.
Note: It is optional to show floating preview of AutoText entry, show preview in AutoText list as well as show icons before AutoText entries as below screenshot shown.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.