Always use default account when forwarding emails in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
In general, when we forward an email in Outlook, it will automatically use the email account that has received this email to forward it. And if forwarding multiple emails in bulk, it will use the email account based on the currently active folder. Sometimes, we might have added multiple email accounts in Outlook, and it will be chaotic to manage these forwarding emails. Here, I recommend the Use the default account to forward messages feature, provided by Kutools for Outlook, to force forwarding any emails with the default email account.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
After installing the Kutools for Outlook, you can easily apply the Use the default account to forward messages feature as follows.
1. Click Kutools or Kutools Plus > Options (in the Options group) to enable the Options dialog.
2. In the Options dialog, enable the Forward tab, and tick the Use the default account to forward messages option.
3. Click the OK button to save the settings.
From now on, it will always use the default email account to forward emails.
When you are forwarding an email, it will be forwarded with the default email account, regardless of the email account that this email arrived at. When you are forwarding multiple emails in bulk, they will be forwarded with the default email account.
1. You can easily view or change the default email account in Outlook as follows:
(1) Click File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings to open the Account Settings dialog.
(2) In the Account Settings dialog, enable the E-mail tab, and:
- You will see the default email account is marked with icon ;
- If you need to change the default email account, please click to select the email account, and then click Set as Default button.
2. If you change the default email account in Outlook, this Use the default account to forward messages option cannot recognize the new email account until restarting Outlook.
3. Even if you have enabled the Use the default account to forward messages option, the Bulk Forward (one feature of Kutools for Outlook, click to view) will forward multiple emails separately with the email account based on the active mail folder.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.