Direct replies to different email address in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
- Set reply-to addresses for your email accounts in Outlook: This is a game-changer for Exchange users, who have to set a reply-to each time they send an email. With Kutools, regardless of your email protocol, set it once and it's set for good - unless you decide to turn it off.
- Bypass designated reply-to address and respond to the original sender for an email: Sometimes, you might want a particular email to bypass the set reply-to address. With this feature, you can make a one-time override, ensuring that the response goes straight to the email address from which you sent the message.
To utilize the Setup Replies To feature, provided by Kutools for Outlook, and assign reply-to addresses for each of your email accounts in Outlook, proceed as follows.
1. Click Kutools > Setup Replies To.
2. In the Setup Replies To dialog, do as follows:
- Select and highlight the email account for which you intend to set a reply-to address.
- Enter the desired reply-to address in the Reply To box. Tip: You can also click the button to pick a reply-to address from your Address Books.
- Check the box adjacent to the email account to activate its reply-to address.
- For other email accounts, repeat steps (i) through (iii) accordingly.
3. After finishing adding reply-to addresses for your email accounts, click OK or Apply.
- Each email account can be associated with just one reply-to address.
- Rather than first selecting an email account and then defining a reply-to address as outlined in steps (i) and (ii), you can simply click the button to directly choose or input a reply-to address for an email account.
- To deactivate the reply-to address for a specific email account and ensure replies are sent to the original sending address, simply untick the checkbox next to that account, and click OK or Apply.
Starting now, whenever you compose a new email, reply to, or forward a message using the email account with a designated reply-to address, a notification bar will appear below the ribbon. This will inform you that responses will be directed to your specified reply-to address.
After enabling the reply-to addresses for your email accounts, these addresses will be used for all sent emails when receiving replies. If you want to make an exception for a specific email and receive the reply directly to your sending address, follow these steps to override the reply-to setting for that particular message.
1. While in the process of composing, replying to, or forwarding an email, on the Message tab, within the Kutools group, deselect the activated Direct Reply To button. Note: If you cannot find the button, navigate to the Kutools tab, where it should be present.
- You can also override the reply-to setting for this message by clicking the Disable button on the notification bar displaying "The 'Reply-to address' set for this sender's mailbox is: ...".
- After deselecting the button, the notification bar will vanish.
2. Compose and send the email as usual.
Note: This method works for a one-time exception. If you want to permanently disable the reply-to address for a specific email account, ensuring all replies go to the original sending address, navigate to the Outlook Mail interface: On Kutools tab, click Setup Replies To, then uncheck the box next to that account and hit OK or Apply.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.