Easily merge duplicate contacts in specified contacts folder in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
If there are a number of duplicate contacts existing in your Outlook Contacts folder, it will be tedious and time-consuming for you to clean up all the duplicates. But with the merge Duplicate Contacts utility of Kutools for Outlook, you can easily merge all duplicates by certain fields in specified contacts folders across multiple email accounts in outlook.
To easily merge all duplicate contacts in specified contacts folder in Outlook with the Duplicate Contacts feature, please do as follows.
1. Click Kutools > Delete Duplicate > Duplicate Contacts to enable this feature.
Note: You can also click Kutools Plus > Duplicate Contacts to enable it.
2. In the opening Duplicate Contacts - Step 1 (of 5): Specify the data file(s) dialog box, check the data files where you will merge duplicate contacts, and then click the Next step: Specify contact folder button.
Note: If there are multiple email accounts with large contacts folders in your Outlook, a loading contacts folder(s) window will pop up as the below screenshot shown. You can skip the current loading email account to increase the loading speed based on your needs, or just wait until all contacts folders are finish loading.
3. After finishing loading contacts folders, the Duplicate Contacts – Step 2(of 5): Select contacts folder(s) wizard pops up. Please check the Contacts folder(s) containing duplicate contacts you will merge, and then click the Next: Select contacts fields for duplicate comparison button.
- 1. When selecting folders, you can right click the folder list for more quick options as the above screenshot shown.
- 2. All selected folders are listed in the right box, you can delete, sort them as you need. And the contacts list in the above folder will be priority to be retained when handling duplicates.
4. In the Please select Contacts fields for duplicate comparison box of the Duplicate Contacts – Step 3(of 5) wizard, please select contacts fields to filter duplicate contacts, and then click the Next: Select the fields to be listed in results button.
Note: If you check the Search all duplicates in selected Contacts folders option, the duplicate contacts within all selected folders will be searched. Otherwise, the duplicates will be searched in their own contacts folder separately.
5. In the Duplicate Contacts – Step 4(of 5) wizard, specify the fields to be listed in the results box, and then click the Start filtering button.
6. In the Duplicate Contacts – step 5(of 5) wizard, please configure as follows.
- 5.1) Expand a group, you can click a duplicate contact to preview its information in the Contact information preview box;
- 5.2) In the How to deal with the duplicate contacts? drop-down list, select the Merge option;
- 5.3) Click the Apply now button to start merging duplicate contacts.
Note: You can only merge checked duplicate contacts in a group by right clicking the group and then selecting Merge all checked items in the group option from the context menu.
7. Then a Kutools for Outlook dialog box pops up to remind you that the merge is complete, please click OK to close it.
Now all duplicate contacts are merged. You can see the handled duplicate contacts are marked with a strikethrough in the Result list. Please close the Duplicate Contacts wizard to end the process.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.