Quickly create auto reply when out of office in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
Every once in a while, you need to leave the office or be on leave for a vacation, but you have to receive emails through your Outlook during your leaving. It’s polite to reply to people’s emails when receiving them. So, as usual, you need to create auto reply when out of office in your Outlook. Normally, it’s too complicated and annoying for you to set up auto reply in Outlook. But with Kutools for Outlook's Auto Reply utility, you can easily set up auto response templates for each account while you’re away from the office in Outlook.
You can easily set up auto reply when out of office in Outlook as follows.
1. Please enable AutoReply utility by clicking Kutools > Reply > Enable Auto Reply, see screenshot:
2. In the popped-out Auto Reply window, configure the following operations:
- In the Check accounts pane, click to check one account for which you want to set auto reply;
- Type the subject prefix into the Subject Prefix textbox, and this text will be appended before the subject of the replied message;
- Compose the email content into the Text edit box; (By default, an auto-reply message is already provided in the Text edit box. However, you can create your own message as needed.)
- At last, click Apply to save this template.
3. Now, the email template has been created successfully for the specified account.
4. If you have other email accounts need to set auto reply in your Outlook, please follow the Step 2 to continue configuring email templates for other accounts.
- Select All: Select all accounts in your Outlook.
- Unselect All: Deselect all accounts in your Outlook.
- Inverse: Reverse the status of the current selection. For example, if one account is currently checked, clicking Inverse will result in unchecking this account and checking all other accounts instead.
- Select up: Select the accounts above the current selected account(including the current account).
- Select down: Select the accounts below, the current selected account(including the current account).
5. After setting the email templates for each account, click OK. Then a prompt box will pop out, please click Yes button to enable this Auto Reply feature.
Now, when an account with auto-reply enabled receives an email, it will automatically respond based on its preset template
If you want to import other email template into the Template box, select one account, then click Important Template in the top ribbon from the Template section. In the Select File(s) window, select the email template you want to import, and then, click Open button, see screenshot:
Now, the email template (including subject prefix and message body) you specified has been imported into the selected account, see screenshot:
To export and save the templates for future use, you can export them as you need. Click Export Template from the Template section. In the Select File(s) window, choose a location for putting the exported email template, and type a file name into the File name textbox, then, click Save button to save the current email template. See screenshot:
Then, a prompt box popped up to inform you that the template has been exported successfully. If you want to open the folder containing the exported template, click OK; otherwise, click Cancel. See screenshot：
If you want to apply the current email template to other accounts, please click Apply to from the Template section. In the Apply To dialog box, check the email accounts to which you want the template to be applied. Then click OK button, see screenshot:
A prompt box popped out to remind you the current template has been applied to other accounts successfully. See screenshot:
- When someone keeps sending you multiple emails in the same day, Kutools for Outlook’s Reply utility will choose to reply only to the first email. This means that no matter how many emails you receive from that person, they will receive only one auto-reply email from you.
- If you want to turn off this Auto Reply function, please click Kutools > Reply > Enable Auto Reply again, and a prompt box is popped out to remind you the utility will turn off, click Yes button. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.