Batch updating links between detached attachments and emails in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
Kutools for Excel's Detach All (Attachments) utility can help you batch detach/extract attachments and add links to these attachments in corresponding emails in Outlook. However, sometimes you may move the detached attachments from the original saving folder to other folders, leading all links between attachments and emails broken. In this case, you can apply Kutools for Excel's Repair Links utility to batch update links between detached attachments and emails in Outlook.
Supposing all detached attachments are placed in the folder A (D:\detached-Attachments-from-Outlook), and now you move all these attachments to the folder B (D:\Outlook\Outlook Attachments), you can batch update the links between attachments and emails as follows:
1. In Mail view, select multiple emails where you want to update the links between attachments and emails.
(1) Holding Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails by clicking each email in mail list.
(2) Holding Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent emails by clicking the first email and the last one in mail list.
(3) To select all emails in current folder, you can select any email in the mail list, and then press the Ctrl + A keys simultaneously.
2. Apply the Repair Links feature with clicking the Kutools > Attachment Tools > Repair Links. Then in the opening Recovery Detach Attachments dialog box, click the button behind the New Folder box.
(1) In the Old Folder box, click the button to find and select the old saving folder of the attached attachments. And it can remember the old folder path of last time you selected.
(2) Click the Default button to recover the original folder path in the Old Folder box.
3. In the Browse For Folder dialog box, click to select the folder that detached attachments were moved into, and click the OK button.
4. Now you return to the Recovery Detach Attachments dialog box, click the OK button.
Then links between attachments and emails are batch updated to the new folder in all selected emails at once. See following screen shots:
Detach All Attachments: Easily detach attachments from emails in outlook
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.