Easily split a contact group (distribution list) in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
Let’s say there is a contact group with hundreds of email addresses in it, and you may need to put / split some email addresses into a new contact group. However, it seems impossible to achieve it directly in Outlook except saving the contact group as a text file, splitting the text file, and then creating new contact groups with specified members. Too tedious! Here, Kutools for Outlook’s Split to contact group (Contact Group) feature can help you quickly split a contact group or distribution list in Outlook at ease.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
The Split to contact group (Contact Group) feature of Kutools for Outlook will split one contact group to two in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Open the contact folder containing the contact group you want to split, and then select the contact group. And click Kutools > Contact group > Split to contact group. See screenshot:
If the toolbar mode of Kutools for Outlook is Narrow, apply this utility by clicking Kutools Plus > Contact > Split to contact group.
2. In the Split to contact group dialog box, please check the names you want to put / split into another contact group, and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
3. Now in the New Contact Group dialog box, please type a name for the new contact group in the New Contact Group Name box, and click the OK button. See screenshot below:
So far, the selected contact group has been split to two: one is named same as original contact group, and the other is the new contact group. And all selected members of the original contact group are split into the new contact group. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.