Quickly list, navigate and cross-reference all captions in Word
Kutools for Word
It’s not easy for you to manage captions quickly and comfortably in Word, if there are a lot of captions have been used in a document. Kutools for Word brings you the handy utility Caption Pane, which will lists all kinds of caption within a pane. With this utility, you can:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Click Enterprise > Caption Pane. See screenshot:
All captions in current document will be listed in the Caption Pane, including table captions, figure captions, and equation captions. In addition, Caption Pane displays the full caption name of each caption. If users change caption names in document, the corresponding caption names in Caption Pane will change automatically.
A list of all captions in the current document.
Caption Pane is located at the left side of working area. Within Caption Pane, users can navigate between all captions quickly and comfortably as follows.
1. Double-click the caption name in the pane to go to the caption.
2. Select the caption in the pane and then click button to navigate to the caption in current document.
For example, if you want to quickly navigate to the Table 3 as shown in the below screenshot, please doulble click the Table 3 in the Caption Pane, and it will navigate to the position of Table 3 immediately.
We can easily make cross reference caption quickly without opening the Cross-Reference dialog box any longer.
1. Firstly, put the cursor at where you want to cross-reference within the Caption Pane.
2. And then select the caption which you want to cross-reference within the Caption Pane;
3. At last click the button to cross-references the selected caption.
For example, if you want to cross-reference the Figure 8 in the document, please put the cursor to the position where you want to cross-reference in the document, and then select the Figure 8 in the Caption Pane, and click button to cross-references the selected caption.
The “Grow Font” button and the “Shrink Font” button can help you easily adjust the texts size to the ideal size you need.
1. After apply the “Grow Font” and the “Shrink Font” utility, you can see the result as show in the following screenshots.
- Quickly insert figure caption in Word
- Quickly insert table caption in Word
- Quickly remove all error reference in Word
This is only one tool of Kutools for Word
Kutools for Word frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Word;
With bundles of handy tools for Word 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and Office 365;
Easy to use and install in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 10 and Windows Vista;