Easily convert text to caption for all figures in Word
Kutools for Word
The Rebuild Figure Caption utility of Kutools for Word can quickly convert all texts with numbers to figure captions as long as these texts stay above or below figures. Also if the figure captions change to normal text for some reasons, this utility will help you rebuild the figure captions quickly.
Click Kutools Plus > Rebuild > Rebuild Figure Caption. See screenshot:
If you have texts with numbers under or above figures as shown in the below screenshot and want to convert them to figure captions, you can quickly get it done as follows:
1. Click Kutools Plus > Rebuild > Rebuild Figure Caption.
2. After clicking Rebuild Figure Caption utility, it will display the Rebuild Figure Caption dialog.
If you want to convert the text above or below figure or iamge by replacing it with system figure caption style, please check Convert to system caption option, and then click OK button.
Note: Under Select Text with Number (Figure), if you click on Above option, it will choose the text above each figure and convert it to figure caption. And if you click on Below option, it will convert the text below each figure as figure caption.
Or, if you want to convert and keep the text above or below figure as figure caption, please check Don't modify the selected text option, and then click OK button.
3. According to the settings, you can have following two types of figure captions. See screenshots:
To convert the text above or below figure by replacing it with system figure caption style
To convert and keep the texts above or below figure as figure caption
Tip: If you don’t want to convert some texts above or below figures or images as figure captions, please uncheck them under the Paragraph Text list. See screenshot:
- Easily convert text to caption for all tables in Word
- Quickly convert text to equation captions in Word
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...