Easily insert or create cross-reference captions in Word
Kutools for Word
When you have a long report and it contains important table, figure or equation that you need to show frequently to your audience, it is a good way for you to create cross reference caption in order to easily navigate between text and table, figure or equation, With Kutool for Word’s Reference utility, you just need to click on the caption item from the Reference list and the caption will be inserted as cross-reference at your cursor position of current document.
Click Kutools Plus > Reference. See screenshot:
If you want to insert cross-reference caption in your current Word document, you can quickly get it done as follows:
1. Put the cursor on the position where you want to insert cross-reference in document. See screenshot shows.
2. Click Kutools Plus > Reference. Then click on the caption which you want to insert as cross-reference caption from the list. Note: before cross-referencing a caption, please make sure you have already had captions in the document.
3. After clicking on the caption you want to cross-reference, it is inserted as cross-reference caption at your cursor position of current document.
4. If you put the cursor on the cross-reference caption, there will be a prompt box showing to guide you the usage of this cross-reference caption. Hold Ctrl key and click on the cross-reference caption to follow the link.
Note: You can press Ctrl + Z key to undo the operation.
- Quickly insert or add picture (figure) caption and change figure caption style in Word
- Quickly insert or add caption to table and change table caption format in Word
- Easily cross reference tables, figures and equations captions in Word
- Quickly list, navigate and cross-reference all captions in Word
This is only one tool of Kutools for Word
Kutools for Word frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Word;
With bundles of handy tools for Word 2021 - 2003 and Office 365;
Easy to use and install in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 10 / 11 and Windows Vista;