Quickly merge or combine multiple documents into one document in Word
Kutools for Word
There is no option for you to quickly combine or merge multiple documents into one document in Word. Kutools for Word’s Merge documents utility can help you quickly merge or combine multiple documents into one in Word.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Click Kutools Plus > Merge. See screenshots:
If you want to merge or combine multiple documents into one, you can quickly get it done as follows:
1. Please launch the Microsoft Word application with a new blank document, and then apply this utility by clicking Kutools Plus > Merge. Tip: If there is no Word document opening in, you cannot apply features or utilities of Kutools for Word.
2. Please specify the settings in Merge Documents dialog box.
A: You can use the Add Files button to add multiple documents that you want to combine or merge into the Merge Documents dialog box.
B: Add Folder button will add all documents of a folder into the Merge Documents dialog box.
C: If you want to remove specific document from the Merge Documents dialog box, please select the document and then clicking Remove button. You can also use the Move Up or Move Down button to rearrange the document order for merging.
D: You can choose to insert page break, section break or no break between documents. You can also try to insert the file path of each document to indicate the content source in the final document.
E: Click Merge button to begin merging.
Then all documents will be merged into a new document as shown in the below screenshot.
This is only one tool of Kutools for Word
Kutools for Word frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Word;
With bundles of handy tools for Word 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and Office 365;
Easy to use and install in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 10 and Windows Vista;
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoAfter merging the documents, some images are not visible
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agohi its working but with discrepancy of page adjustments.
need to adjust page settings
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI can't get it to work for rtf files - files selected are not loaded
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHello, I am testing your software, and if we can make this work, we would end up buying a lot of seats. We need to merge Word documents together retaining the formatting. This is not working? When I merge two documents together the headers are removed pages are skipped?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI'm having the exact same problema!