- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoStephanie, did you ever find an answer to this? I have the same problem.
How to create a text box with scrollbar in Excel?
Text box is a useful tool for us to add some suggestive information for worksheet data. Sometimes, we need to insert a small text box which contains large content, in this case, the content will not be fully displayed if you are not click the text box. If there is a scrollbar bar within the text box, it will be easy to view the content and the text box looks beautiful as well.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, you just can insert the scrollbar for the text box which must be ActiveX Controls form only. Please do as this:
1. To insert a text box by clicking Developer > Insert > Text Box, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the mouse to draw a text box as you need.
3. And then click Developer > Properties with the text box is selected, see screenshot:
4. In the Properties dialog, select True from the MultiLine drop down, then choose 2-fmScrollBarsVertical from the ScrollBars drop down list. See screenshot:
5. After finishing the settings, close the Properties dialog, and click the Design Mode to exit the Design Mode. And when you enter large content which is longer than the text box, the scrollbar will be added automatically. See screenshot:
Note: In Excel, only the ActiveX Controls form text box can be added the scrollbar.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI used this tutorial to set up 3 text boxes within one sheet however the scroll bars in the text boxes disappear when I open the excel sheet in excel. It is tremendously frustrating because half of the information is not visible because the scroll bars disappear and then when I click the text box, the text size changes and becomes very tiny and the only way to fix it is by going into design mode and changing the font size. Is there a way to make sure the scroll bars show up?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI figured out how to add the scrolling text box, however, I need to be able to copy and paste the column where the text box is housed and have the text box and its contents move with the column. I have active and discharged clients in two separate worksheets and the client column may need to be cut and pasted from one to the other. Is this possible to do?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThank you for providing step by step instructions for this. Works fine till I exit out of design mode. When I click on the cell with the text box and scroll bar though, the size of my text is less than 2 or 3 so you can't read anything at all. Not sure why this is happening though. The font size for the excel file is set to 11.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHi folks, above works fine. However I would really like to be able to format the text within the textbox like I can with a 'normal' textbox (bold/normal font, underlining, aligning, formatting, etc.). Now as far as I can see I can only change the overall text font size and bold/normal. Does anyone know how to do that?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoJust wondering but did you ever find an answer to this? I'm looking to do the same thing if possible.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoQuick follow up question to this: Is it posible to make the wheelmouse work from withing the textbox with scrollbars? Loked at all the properties and saw nothing that makes sense to me, but I am so not a programmer anymore :(
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoI would like to link the text box to a different tab so as I add text on that tab the information will appear in this text box with scroll bar.