How to change default font in Excel?
As all of us know, the default font in Excel is Calibri font, and even though we change the font or font size from the Font group under Home tab, when you go to the other cells, the font changes back to Calibri font. Now I will tell you a way to change the default font in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
For changing the default font in Excel, you need to go to Excel Option to specify the setting.
In Excel 2007/2010/2013
1. Enable Excel, and click Office button or File tab > Options. See screenshot:
2. In the popping Excel Options dialog, find the When creating new workbooks section in the right part, and now you can specify the font and font size in the Use this font box and the Font size box. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK to close the dialog, now a dialog pops up to tell you that you need to restart the Excel. See screenshot:
4. Click OK and restart the Excel, now you can see the default font showed in the Ribbon is changed.
In Excel 2003
1. Launch the Excel, and click Tools tab > Options to open Options dialog.
2. In the Options dialog, click General tab, and specify the font and font size in Standard font section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and then restart the Excel. The default font in Excel is changed.
- Change default comment format in Excel
- Change default number of sheets in Excel
- Change default view in Excel