- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoThanks for your recognition.
How to paste values to visible/filtered cells only in Excel?
In Excel, if you have filtered data or hidden some cells, and when you paste values into the filtered or hidden range, the hidden cells will be also filled with pasted values. Here I will tell you some tricks to paste values to visible cells only in Excel.
In Excel, there is no other ways to solve this problem except VBA.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously, and a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window pops.
2. Click Insert > Module, then paste below VBA code to the popping Module window.
VBA: Paste values to visible cells only.
Sub CopyFilteredCells() 'Updateby20150203 Dim rng1 As Range Dim rng2 As Range Dim InputRng As Range Dim OutRng As Range xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set InputRng = Application.Selection Set InputRng = Application.InputBox("Copy Range :", xTitleId, InputRng.Address, Type: = 8) Set OutRng = Application.InputBox("Paste Range:", xTitleId, Type: = 8) For Each rng1 In InputRng rng1.Copy For Each rng2 In OutRng If rng2.EntireRow.RowHeight > 0 Then rng2.PasteSpecial Set OutRng = rng2.Offset(1).Resize(OutRng.Rows.Count) Exit For End If Next Next Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub
3. Click F5 key or the Run button, then a dialog is popping out for you to select values to copy. See screenshot:
4. After selecting values, click OK, then another dialog pops out to select a range to paste the selected data. See screenshot:
5. Click OK. You can see only the visible cells are pasted the selected values.
Actually, if you use Paste to Visible Range utility of Kutools for Excel – a handy Excel tool, you can quickly and easily solve the problem of pasting values to visible range.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select a range of values you want to copy and paste, then click Kutools > Range > Paste to Visible Range > All or Only Paste Values. See screenshot:
2. Then a Paste to Visible Range dialog pops out, and select the range you want to paste the values. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the selected values are pasted into the visible range only.
|Paste only values to visible cells||Paste all to visible cells|
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoAfter going absolutely crazy trying to find a solution, this worked - specifically, the macro for pasting INTO visible only cells. Note that I was copying only from unfiltered cells. However, the people complaining that it doesn't do both (which I'm not sure is true) should be quiet because it's pretty easy to copy FROM only visible/filtered cells into an unfiltered area. You don't need a macro for that (and if you're trying to do both, just do the copying of filtered cells in Excel first, then use this macro). Again, what Excel is fully unable to do on its own without a macro is to paste to visible cells only. This macro saved my bum. Thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis worked perfectly, thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoYou can also easily do this without a plugin....
CTRL+C the cells you want to paste
Highlight the filtered/partially hidden range you're pasting to
Select "Visible Cells Only" & hit OK
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThansk for you reply, but it does not work. With your method, it paste all cells including hidden ones with the copied values.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoVBA method did not work! It copied the invisible cells into the visible cells. Now, I realize that the title doesn't say "How to paste values FROM VISIBLE/FILTERED CELLS to visible/filtered cells only in Excel?" but if my workbook is filtered, it's highly possible that this is what is needed. If this is what you want - copy from one section to another (or to simply paste values from certain cells right back to the same cells, so to remove the fomulas) you first need to copy/paste values to an unfiltered workbook/worksheet. THEN you can use the macro...or at least I hope you can. I didn't save my data and UNDO does not work....
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI am sorry for that.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSo is there any update version for this situation?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIt is even more flexible and functional if the inner loop is constructed with Do While loop.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis was very helpful. Many thanks.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoi am currently developing a macro. In that i need to do filter for a particular column for Eg: Column D and need to paste some values Eg: Valid in column B.
only i need to paste the value for the filtered cells.
And also i want to know the coding for multiple filters at a time. EG: filtering in one column and checking the value and again do filter in another column without making false for the previous filter.
help me on this.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThis works great up to record 1163 of 23,000 and then it stops. Why would it stop?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoYou rock! I've had this issue multiple times in the past but it became a back-breaker for the recent project. And you've helped me to fix it beautifully. THANK YOU!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThis works for me, but is there any way to select a "Paste Range" in another worksheet that is open? Thanks.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoGOD!! you help me so much
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoBadass, that's all I have to say. Thank you so much.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThanks for this information, helps me a lot
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoPaste to visible range function does not work!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoI am curious if an Excel update has caused instability. I previously was able to use the VBA code successfully, but now it is causing the copied area to be pasted nonstop beyond the selected range. Results in Excel hanging.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoTried this plugin for the paste into filtered selection. Does not work for me. Crashes every time . Using excel 2013.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agolove u man!!!!!!!!!!