How to delete all sheets except specified/current one in Excel?
For deleting all sheets in an Excel workbook except specified one or current active sheet, you can deal with this as below methods shown.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
With below VBA code, you can delete all sheet in a workbook except specific one in Excel.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window.
2. Click Insert > Module, then copy and paste below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Delete all sheets except specified ones
Sub DeleteSheets1() Dim xWs As Worksheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each xWs In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets If xWs.Name <> "Sheet1" And xWs.Name <> "Sheet2" Then xWs.Delete End If Next Application.DisplayAlerts = True Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
1. “Sheet1” and “Sheet2” are sheets you want to keep in current workbook. You can change them based on your needs.
2. If you want to delete all but keep more sheets, please add code And xWs.Name <> "your sheet name" before the Then word in the sixth line of the code. Such as:
If xWs.Name <> "Sheet1" And xWs.Name <> "Sheet2" And xWs.Name <> "your sheet name" Then
3. If you just want to keep one sheet and delete all from the workbook, please remove all And condition in the code. For example, for keeping sheet1 in current workbook, you need to change the sixth line code to: If xWs.Name <> "Sheet1" Then
You can easily remove all sheets except current active sheet with just one click by Delete All Inactive Sheets utility of Kutools for Excel.
1. Click Enterprise > Worksheet > Delete All Inactive Sheets. See screenshot:
3. Then a dialog box pops up, if you determine to delete all sheets except active one, click the OK button, otherwise, click the Cancel button.
Then all sheets are deleted except the current active one in your workbook.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!