How to average filtered cells/list in Excel?
Average function is quite useful for our daily works in Excel. This article will talk about how to average filtered data/list in Excel easily.
Average filtered data/list in Excel
Average filtered cells/list with formulas
If the AVERAGE function is applied in the filtered data or list, it will not get the correct average. In this condition, the SUBTOTAL function can help you average filtered data/list in Excel. Supposing you have filtered your table as following screen shots shown, you can get its average as follows:
In a blank cell enter the formula =SUBTOTAL(1,C12:C24) (C12:C24 is the range with all filtered data in Amount column) and press the Enter key.
Sum/Count/Average visible cells only in a specified range with ignoring hidden or filtered cells/rows/columns
The normally SUM/Count/Average function will count all cells in the specified range on matter cells are hidden/filtered or not. While the Subtotal function can only sum/count/average with ignoring hidden rows. However, Kutools for Excel SUMVISIBLE/COUNTVISIBLE/AVERAGEVISIBLE functions will easily calculate the specified range with ignoring any hidden cells, rows, or columns. Full Feature Free Trial 30-day!
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial 30-day, no credit card required! Get It Now
Calculate special averages in Excel
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!