HOW TO DO THIS
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 19 days ago=LEFT(A1,3) & "." & RIGHT(A1,1)
Kutools for Excel is a powerful add-in that frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Excel, such as combine sheets quickly, merge cells without losing data, paste to only visible cells, count cells by color and so on. 300+ powerful features / functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365!
It enables tabbed browsing, editing, and managing of Microsoft Office applications. You can open multiple documents / files in a single tabbed window, such as using the browser IE 8/9/10, Firefox, and Google Chrome. It's compatible with Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365. Demo
Kutools for Outlook is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Outlook users has to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365!
Kutools for Word is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Word users have to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Word / Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365!
Restores the old look and menus of Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365. Don’t lose time in finding commands on the new Ribbon. Easy to deploy to all computers in enterprises and organizations.
Add Text (add character/word to a specific location of each cell in a range.)
To add period after number, you can use a simple formula.
Select a cell next to the number, and type =A1&"." Into it, and then press Enter key, then drag the autofill handle down to the cells needed this formula.
If you want to add right parentheses to the end of the number cell, use this formula =A1&")".
You also can use Format Cells to format the cell as a custom format.
1. Select the number list, and right click to select Format Cells from context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, click Custom, then type #. Into the Type textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the periods are added after numbers.
(1) If you want to add right parentheses to end of number, type this #) into the Type textbox.
(2) If there is only 0 in a cell, this method will show 0 as . or ).
(3) If there are not only numbers in the cell as below screenshot shown, the above method cannot work correctly.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Add Text utility to easily add any text in any location of cell.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the numbers, and click Kutools > Text > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Add Text dialog, type period sign into Text box, and check Specify option, then type 1 into the textbox under Specify. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply. Now the periods add added after number
(1) This method can’t add period sign to cells which only contain one character of number, such as 1, 2, etc.
(2) To add right parenthesis after numbers, please type ) into Text box of above dialog.
(3) With Add Text utility, you also can add period before every number of a string. See screenshot:
|If you are interested in this addi-in, download the 60-days free trial.|
|Kutools for Excel's Remove Characters utility can help you remove the characters you don't need, such as remove numeric string, alpha string, non-numeric string and so on.|