How to remove unwanted text from cell in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, you just need to keep the email addresses but remove the rest of unwanted texts from cells.What can you do to achieve it? In this article, you will learn methods of removing unwanted text from cells in details.
Remove unwanted text from cell with Text to Columns function
The Text to Column function can help you separate cells by a specified separator, and finally get your desired text after separating. Please do as follows.
1. Select range with cells you want to remove unwanted text, and then click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the first Convert Text to Columns Wizard, select Delimited option, and then click the Next button.
3. In the second wizard, check a Delimiters box (here I check the Space box as the texts are separated by spaces in cells), and then click the Next button.
Note: If the texts are separated by other delimiters, please check the Other box, and then type the separator into the following box.
4. In the third wizard, select a destination cell to put the separated contents and then click the Finish button.
Then you will get the email addresses populating in certain cells.
Remove unwanted text from cell with Kutools for Excel
For only getting the email addresses from cells, you can use the Extract Email Address utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can easily extract only the email address from cell.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the cells you want to keep only the email addresses, and then click Kutools > Text > Extract Email Address. See screenshot:
2. In the popping up Extract Email Address dialog box, select a blank cell for locating the email address, and then click the OK button.
Now the email addresses are extracted from cells immediately.
The Split Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can easily help you get the certain text by splitting cell contents into multiple cells with certain separator.
If you want to have a free trial ( 30-day) of this utility, please click to download it, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!