I have thousands of rows I need to autofill for & cannot do this by hand.
Kutools for Excel is a powerful add-in that frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Excel, such as combine sheets quickly, merge cells without losing data, paste to only visible cells, count cells by color and so on. 300+ powerful features / functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365!
It enables tabbed browsing, editing, and managing of Microsoft Office applications. You can open multiple documents / files in a single tabbed window, such as using the browser IE 8/9/10, Firefox, and Google Chrome. It's compatible with Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365. Demo
Kutools for Outlook is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Outlook users has to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365!
Kutools for Word is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Word users have to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Word / Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365!
Restores the old look and menus of Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365. Don’t lose time in finding commands on the new Ribbon. Easy to deploy to all computers in enterprises and organizations.
Supposing you want to fill a column with repeating pattern numbers such as 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3…. As the Fill Handle cannot help, and type the repeating pattern numbers over and over again takes time in your work, what would you do? Here we will show you methods of filling column with repeating pattern numbers with ease.
You can fill column with repeating pattern numbers with formula as follows.
1. For repeating series “123”, please type 1, 2, 3 separately into cell A1, A2 and A3. And in cell A4, enter formula =IF(A3=3,1,A3+1).
Note: In the formula, 1 is the first number of the series repeating pattern numbers.
2. Drag cell A4’s fill handle down the column until wanted cells are filled with series repeating pattern numbers. See screenshot:
Note: Your sequence number must be start from number 1, if not, you will get incorrect result.
If the above formula is not convenient for you, After installing Kutools for Excel , you can try the Insert Sequence Number utility of Kutools for Excel.
1. Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Sequence Number. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Sequence Number dialog box, click the New button to expand the dialog box, then you need to:
A. Type a name for this series as you like in the Name box;
B. Enter the start number of the series into the Start number box. (As the series is 1 2 3, here we enter number 1;
C. Enter the increment number of this series in the Increment box;
D. Specify number of digit you will display;
E. Check the End Number box, type the last number of this repeating pattern numbers (here we enter number 3, it means that the repeating pattern will start after number 3).
F. Click the Add button. See screenshot:
3. Now the repeating series is created, select the column cell, and click the series in the Insert Sequence Number dialog box, then click the Fill Range button.
You can see the series repeating pattern numbers are filled in selected column immediately. See screenshot:
4. Just close the dialog box. The created series was saved in the Insert Sequence Number dialog box for feature use.