How do I make sure that when the number value split with the text value :<
Kutools for Excel is a powerful add-in that frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Excel, such as combine sheets quickly, merge cells without losing data, paste to only visible cells, count cells by color and so on. 300+ powerful features / functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365!
It enables tabbed browsing, editing, and managing of Microsoft Office applications. You can open multiple documents / files in a single tabbed window, such as using the browser IE 8/9/10, Firefox, and Google Chrome. It's compatible with Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365. Demo
Kutools for Outlook is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Outlook users has to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365!
Kutools for Word is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Word users have to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Word / Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365!
Restores the old look and menus of Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365. Don’t lose time in finding commands on the new Ribbon. Easy to deploy to all computers in enterprises and organizations.
If you have a list of big numbers, and now you want to split the numbers of each cell into multiple columns, and place one digit number in one separate cell as below screenshot shown, how can you quickly get it done? In this tutorial, you can get the tricks to quickly and easily handle this problem in Excel.
In Excel, you can use Text to Columns function to quickly split numbers into columns.
1. Select the number cells, and click Data > Text to Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the step 1 of the Convert Text to Columns Wizard, check Fixed width, see screenshot:
3. Click Next to go to step 2 of the Wizard, and click at the positions you want to create the break line. See screenshot:
4. Click Next to go to step 3, and select a destination you want to output the split numbers. See screenshot:
5. Click Finish, and then the selected numbers are split into columns.
Here in Kutools for Excel, you can use its Split Cells utility to quickly split numbers into columns.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the number cells, and click Kutools > Merge & Split > Split Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Cells dialog, check Split to Columns option in Type section, and then go to check Specify width option in Split by section, and enter 1 into the beside textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and a dialog pops out to select a cell to output the split numbers, and then click OK. Now the cells are split into columns. See screenshot:
With Kutools for Excel’s Split Cells utility, you also can split a cell into multiple rows.