How to specify date or datetime format in header or footer?
Normally, when you insert date or time into the header or footer with the &[Date] or &[Time] code, the date or time format is based on the regional settings controlled by Windows. In this case, how could you change the date or date time format to your own need in header or footer as following screenshot shown?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Here, I will introduce some simple VBA code for you to solve this task in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Activate your worksheet which you want to insert and format the date in header or footer, and then click Page Layout button on the lower right corner of the workbook to enable the page layout view, see screenshot:
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys in Excel to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Insert and format date in header or footer:
Sub add_date_header() ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End Sub
Note: In the above code, you can change the CenterHeader to LeftHeader, CenterFooter…, and the date format mmmm dd, yyyy also can be changed as you need.
4. And then press F5 key to run this code, and your specified date format has been inserted into the header or footer at once. See screenshot:
Tips: If you want to insert your own date time format into the header or footer, please apply the below code:
Sub Change_Format() ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = Format(Now, "MMMM DD, YYYY HH:MM:SS") End Sub
And you will get the following result: