How to highlight the cells linked by hyperlinks in Excel?
If there are some hyperlinks linked to the same worksheet or workbook, now, I need the destination cell of the clicked hyperlink to be filled in a color to stand out the linked cell, when another hyperlink is clicked, the first goes back to normal as below screenshot shown. Is this possible to be solved in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Normally, there is no direct way for us to highlight the destination cells which linked by hyperlinks, but, the following VBA code may help you, please do as this:
1. Right click the sheet tab that you want to highlight the destination cells which linked by hyperlinks, then choose View Code from the context menu, and in the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window, copy and paste the following code into the blank Module:
VBA code: Highlight cells linked by hyperlinks:
Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) 'Updateby Extendoffice 20161205 Dim i As Long For i = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count Sheets(i).UsedRange.Interior.ColorIndex = -4142 Next ActiveSheet.Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = red Selection.Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 End Sub
2. Then save and close this code, now, when you click a hyperlink cell, the destination linked cell will be highlighted at once, when click another hyperlink, the first one goes back to normal.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoThanks that code highlights cells in grey, can it be another colour?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThank you so much guy!! This greatful code helped me a lot.