How to quickly insert a line based on current date in Excel?
Supposing there is a sheet containing a row with dates, and now I want to insert a line right to the current date which will auto change while opening the workbook every day. Is there a trick can solve it in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To insert a current date line in cell, you can apply the Conditional Formatting function.
1. Select the range you want to insert line, and click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule. See screenshot:
2. In the New Formatting Rule dialog, select Use a formula to determine which cells to format, and type this formula =IF(B$1=TODAY(),TRUE, FALSE) to the Format values where this formula is true text box. Click Format to go to the Format Cells dialog, under Border tab, specify the line as you need. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. There is a line auto inserted at the right of the current date cell.
Select Specific Cells (select cells/row/columns based on one ore two criteria.)
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis doesn.t work. Excel doesn't understand this formule
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoNIE DZIAŁA TA FORMUŁA, EXCEL NIE WYKRYWA TEGO JAKO FORMUŁY