How to copy chart with text boxes in Excel?
In some cases, you may insert text boxes into a chart for doing some reminders as below screenshot shown. When copying this chart to another worksheet or a new place, you may notice that the added text boxes disappear from the chart. How to copy chart with added text boxes together in Excel? This article will show you solutions to achieve it.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The following method can help you copy chart with text boxes in Excel.
1. Before inserting a text box, please click to select the chart firstly.
2. After selecting the chart, you can now insert text box by clicking Insert > Text Box.
3. Then draw the text box on the chart.
Note: Repeat the step 2 until needed text boxes are added to the chart.
Now every time you copy and paste the chart, the chart with added text boxes will be pasted together into a new place.
If you have already added text boxes on the chart without selecting the chart in advance. Please try this method.
1. Hold down the Shift key, and then select the chart and text boxes one by one in your worksheet.
2. After selecting the chart and text boxes, right-click any place in the chart, and then click Group > Group from the context menu. See screenshot:
From now on, when copying the chart, all text boxes displaying on the chart will be copied at the same time.
- How to format a textbox as currency in Excel?
- How to auto select text of a textbox when it is selected in Excel?
- How to autocomplete a textbox when typing in Excel?
- How to concatenate texts of multiple cells into a textbox in Excel?
- How to disable editing in textbox to prevent user inputting in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoThis does NOT seem to work with Box Plots. It appears that adding text boxes to a Box Plot is not possible...one can add text boxes to a Box Plot within a spreadsheet, but if the Box Plot in the spreadsheet is "moved" to its own Tab, the text boxes go away and cannot be re-added.