How to join data from two cells(columns) into one cell in Excel?
In Excel, we can merge two cells into one, but the merged cell only keeps first one cell content. How can we join data from two cells or columns into one row without losing data as below screenshot shown? Now, this article may help you.
Here we have one formula that can quickly merge two cells into one but keep both contents.
Select one cell which you will place the result, type this formula =A1&" " &B1, A1 and B1 are the cells you want to join together, “ “ is the separator between two cell contents, press Enter key, and drag fill handle down to apply the formula to cells.
Also, you can copy the cells and paste them into a text file, then do some operations to solve the job.
1. Copy the cells you want to combine, and paste them into a text file.
2. Then press Ctrl + H keys to enable the Replace function, in Find what textbox, type tab character, in Replace with textbox, type the separator you use. You can type the tab character in Word document and then paste it to the textbox.
3. Click Replace All. The tab characters in text file have been replaced with the specified separators. Close the Replace dialog.
4. The copy the texts and paste them back to Excel.
If you usually joint data from cells into one, above methods are not good choices. Kutools for Excel’s Combine Columns and Rows utility can quickly combine cells based on rows or columns into one single cell as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the cells you use, and click Kutools > Merge & Split > Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data. See screenshot:
2. In the popping dialog, do as these:
1 Check the option you want to combine cells based on;
2 Check or enter the separator you use;
3 specify the place you want to place the result;
4 Choose one option about the result
3. Click Ok. Then the cells have been combined without losing data.
Easily Combine/Consolidate data based on same value in Excel
|Supposing you are working with a worksheet which contains multiple duplicate records, and now you need to combine / merge the rows based on the same value and do some calculations, such as sum, average, count of the duplicate rows. With this Advanced Combine Rows of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly combine same values / same data or duplicate rows into appropriate cells. Click for full-featured free trial in 30 days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|