How to convert between fraction and decimal in Excel?
Have you ever met fraction data as “2 2/3” in Excel? The fraction data is not common and hard to understand, and you might need to convert it to normal decimal. Here, this article will introduce the methods on converting between fraction and decimal in Excel.
Convert fraction to decimal in Excel
Please follow below steps to convert fraction numbers to normal decimal numbers in Excel.
1. Select the fraction numbers you will convert, right click and select Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, please click to highlight General in the Category list box on the Number tab, and click the OK button.
Now you will see all selected fraction numbers are converted to normal decimal numbers. See screenshot:
Note: You can also convert fraction numbers to decimals with selecting the fraction numbers and clicking Home > Number Format > General. See screenshot:
Convert decimal to fraction in Excel
Please follow below steps to quickly convert decimal numbers to fraction numbers in Excel.
1. Select the decimal numbers you will convert, right click and select Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, on the Number tab, please click to highlight Fraction in the Category list box, specify a fraction type in the Type list box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now you will see all selected decimal numbers are converted to fraction numbers. See screenshot:
Note: You can also click Home > Number Format > Fraction to quickly convert decimal numbers to fraction numbers.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!