Run-time error '438':
Object doesn't support this property or method
Kutools for Excel is a powerful add-in that frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Excel, such as combine sheets quickly, merge cells without losing data, paste to only visible cells, count cells by color and so on. 300+ powerful features / functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365!
It enables tabbed browsing, editing, and managing of Microsoft Office applications. You can open multiple documents / files in a single tabbed window, such as using the browser IE 8/9/10, Firefox, and Google Chrome. It's compatible with Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365. Demo
Kutools for Outlook is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Outlook users has to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365!
Kutools for Word is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Word users have to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Word / Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365!
Restores the old look and menus of Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365. Don’t lose time in finding commands on the new Ribbon. Easy to deploy to all computers in enterprises and organizations.
When we use excel, there are both positive and negative numbers in a worksheet. Supposing we need to change the positive numbers to negative and vice versa. Of course, we can change them manually, but if there are hundreds of numbers need to be changed, this method is not a good choice. Are there any quick tricks to solve this problem?
We can reverse the sign of values in cells with the Paste Special function in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Tap number -1 in a blank cell and copy it.
2. Select the range that you want to reverse the sign of values, right-click and choose Paste Special. See screenshot:
3. In the Paste Special dialog box, click All options from Paste and Multiply option from Operation. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, and all of the signs of the numbers in the range have been reversed.
5. Delete the number -1 as you need.
Also, we can use a VBA code to reverse the sign of values in cells. But we must know how to get the VBA to do the thing. We can do it as the following steps:
1. Select the range you want to reverse the sign of values in cells.
2. Click Developer > Visual Basic in Excel, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, or using the shortcut keys (Alt+F11) to active it. Then click Insert > Module, and then copy and paste the following VBA code:
Sub Convert() Dim C As Range For Each C In Selection C.Value = -C.Value Next C End Sub
3. Then click button to run the code. And the sign of numbers in the selected range have been reversed at once.
We can reverse the sign of values quickly with Change Sign of Values feature of Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Select the range that you want to reverse the signs of the numbers.
2. Click Kutools > Content > Change Sign of Values…, see screenshot:
3. In the Change Sign of Values dialog box, check the Reverse the sign of all values, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK or Apply. All of the signs of the numbers have been reversed.
The Change Sign of Values of Kutools for Excel can also fix trailing negative signs, change all negative values to positive and change all positive values to negative. For more detailed information about Change Sign of Values, please visit Change Sign of Values feature description.