How to export and print comments only in Word?
When you want to print comments of the document in Word, you need to export comments to a new document firstly. But how can you export comments in Word? Now we will introduce some tricks for you.
1. Click on the comment that you want to copy, then press Ctrl+C or right-click to select Copy from the list.
2. Put the cursor on the place where you want to paste on the comments and then right-click to select Paste Options’ Keep Text Only or you can press Ctrl+V to paste the comment.
Note: With this method, you cannot copy and paste multiple comments at once. You have to copy and paste them one by one manually.
Easily Split one word document into multiple
|Generally, we use copy and paste to split a Word document one by one, but the Split Documnet utility can split a Word document based on page, heading1, page break or section break, which will improve the work efficience . Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Word: with hundreds handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
With VBA code, you can quickly export all comments to a new document at once. You can get it done as follow steps.
1: Press Alt+F11 to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window;
2: Click Module from Insert tab, copy and paste the following VBA code into the Module window;
3: Click Run button to apply the VBA
The VBA code about exporting comments:
Dim s As String
Dim cmt As Word.Comment
Dim doc As Word.Document
For Each cmt In ActiveDocument.Comments
s = s & cmt.Initial & cmt.Index & "," & cmt.Range.Text & vbCr
Set doc = Documents.Add
doc.Range.Text = s
Although running VBA can quickly export comments, not all of the computer users can get it done. For most of the computer users, especially for the new hands in computer, they are wondering that if there is another simple way to export comments except VBA. Definitely, Kutools for Word's Export Comments utility is the simple way for all of the computer users.
|Kutools for Word, with more than 100 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Word Now!)
Please apply this utility by clicking Enterprise> Export/Import > Export Comments. See screenshot:
After applying this utility, it will automatically create a new Word document to save the exported comments.
Export and create a list of comments from active sheet or workbook in Excel
|With Kutools for Excel's Create Comment List utility, you can list all comments in the active sheet or workbook in a new sheet or new workbook as you need. Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
- Export and import multiple custom dictionaries
- Save Word document as image (png, jpeg and so on)
- Export Images in word
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis worked perfect!!!! thank you so much...
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoFantastic - I have never used the VBA it worked a treat
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoamazing thanks - even for a non tech geek like me, I was able to follow and make this work - thanks! previously I see instructions like this and think it looks too hard and try and find a better option - but it was easy! I'm aamazed, thanks
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoExcellent tips!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoIs there a way to also print out the page the comment is on?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoGreat tip with the VBA. Thanks a ton!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoThanks for the excellent help - the VBA worked!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agothanks a lot for the script. A handy tool. Thanks again
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoI am very happy to be able to find this excellent article! After reading your article, I feel learned a lot of things, and we hope to see your next article, look forward to your masterpiece.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoThankyou very much for the code... this is excellent!!!