Find ^p^p and replace with ^p
OR if you'd like to do otherwise, find ^p and replace with ^p^p
Kutools for Excel is a powerful add-in that frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Excel, such as combine sheets quickly, merge cells without losing data, paste to only visible cells, count cells by color and so on. 300+ powerful features / functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365!
It enables tabbed browsing, editing, and managing of Microsoft Office applications. You can open multiple documents / files in a single tabbed window, such as using the browser IE 8/9/10, Firefox, and Google Chrome. It's compatible with Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365. Demo
Kutools for Outlook is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Outlook users has to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365!
Kutools for Word is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Word users have to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Word / Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365!
Restores the old look and menus of Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365. Don’t lose time in finding commands on the new Ribbon. Easy to deploy to all computers in enterprises and organizations.
If a document covers 200 pages with hundreds of empty paragraphs, removing all empty paragraphs one by one is painful. How to remove all empty paragraphs efficiently and quickly? Take a few minutes to view this tutorial and you will find the answer.
No one likes to spend huge time in removing all empty paragraphs one by one. The Find and Replace function in Word is commonly used as long as we know that empty paragraph symbol can be found as Paragraph Mark in Find What field.
1. Click Home > Replace to enable this utility.
2. Click More>> button to pop up more options. See below screenshot:
3. Place the cursor in the Find What field, and select the Paragraph Mark from the Special pull-down menu;
4. After select Paragraph Marks, there will be a “^p” mark showing in the Find What field.
5. Enter “^p” to make “^p^p” in the Find What field and click Replace All.
The “^p” will remove not only all empty paragraphs, but also all paragraph marks in the documents to leave all text too close in one paragraph.
The “^p^p” will only remove all empty paragraphs (empty paragraph marks).
If you would like to use Macro working with a word document, the VBA code is also available for you to remove all empty paragraphs in word.
1. Press “Alt-F11” to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Application window.
2. Click Module on the Insert tab, copy and paste the following VBA code into the Module window.
The VBA code of removing empty paragraphs:
.Text = "^p^p"
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchByte = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchFuzzy = False
4. Click Run Macro on the Run tab.
To remove all empty paragraphs in word, the built-in feature requires a few steps, while the Macro seems too complicated to understand. Is there a simpler way to help us remove all empty paragraphs quickly in word? Yes, Kutools for Word is your best solution.
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Empty Paras > Remove Empty Paragraph Marks. See screenshot:
2. After clicking Remove Empty Paragraph Marks, all empty paragraphs will be removed from the whole document.
Note: If you just want to remove the empty paragraphs from the selected part of the document, Kutools for Word can also help you, please read more information from here.