Kutools for Excel is a powerful add-in that frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Excel, such as combining sheets quickly, merging cells without losing data, pasting to only visible cells, counting cells by color and so on. 300+ powerful features / functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or Office 365!
It enables tabbed browsing, editing, and managing of Microsoft Office applications. You can open multiple documents / files in a single tabbed window, such as using the browser Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. It's compatible with Office 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365. Demo
Kutools for Outlook is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Outlook users has to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365!
Kutools for Word is a powerful add-in that frees you from time-consuming operations which majority of Word users have to perform daily! It can save your time from using Microsoft Word / Office 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 or Office 365!
Supposing you need to break or split number into individual digits as below screenshot shown, what can you do to achieve it? This article will provide two methods for you.
Break or split number into individual digits with formula
Break or split number into individual digits with Kutools for Excel
This section will show a formula to split selected number cells into individual digits in Excel.
1. Select a blank cell (says cell C1) for locating the first split digit of number in cell A1, then enter formula =MID($A1,COLUMN()-(COLUMN($C1)- 1),1) into the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, A1 is the cell with number you need to split to digits, and C1 is the cell for locating the first split digit. Please change them as you need.
2. Keep selecting cell C1, then drag the Fill Handle to the right cells until all digits of cell A1 are split out.
3. Keep these split digit cells selected, and drag the Fill Handle down to the cells until all numbers are split into separated digits. See screenshot:
The Split Cells utility of Kutools for Excel helps you easily split all selected number cells into individual digits at once. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select cells with number you need to split into digits, then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Split Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Split Cells dialog box, please select Split to Columns option in the Type section, and in the Specify a separator section, select Specify width and enter number 1 into the textbox. Click the OK button.
3. In the next popping up Split Cells dialog box, please specify a blank cell for locating the first split digit, and then click the OK button.
After clicking the OK button, all numbers in selected cells are split into separated digits immediately as below screenshot shown.
If you want to have a free trial (30-day) of this utility, please click to download it, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.