How to add semicolon to each cell in Excel?
It’s easy to add semicolon to the end of one cell, but it must be time-consuming and tedious to add semicolons for hundreds of cells in Excel. Now I introduce you some tricks to add semicolon to the end of each cell in Excel to free you from typing semicolon one by one.
Add semicolon to cell by formula
Add semicolon to the beginning, end or any position of cell with Add Text
Here is a very simple formula can add semicolon to the end of each cell in a list.
Select a cell next to your first data, and type this formula =A2&";" into it, press Enter key, then drag the autofill handle down to the cells you need.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Add Text function to quickly add semicolon to any position of each cell.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the email cells, and click Kutools > Text > Add Text. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Add Text dialog, type the semicolon ; into Text box, and check After last character option, you can see the results in the right preview pane.
3. Click Ok or Apply, the each email has been added a semicolon.
Click here to know more about Add Text tool.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!