By Bravo on Thursday, 28 January 2021
Posted in Excel
Replies 0
Likes 0
Views 1.8K
Votes 0
 Hi,

I hope this catches someones interest and you can help me. I know that everyone is busy with their own stuff and if you can’t help me I understand. 

So I’ll start off by describing what I would like to do, much like what you did in some of your tutorials except I don’t know how to apply it to my workbook. I have a main page that needs to pull data from different sheets, 220 or so.

The way it works is as follows; you select your SPEC from the data validation cell, after that the CATEGORY within that SPEC, then your CHOICES should show.I’ve gotten this to work up to the category part. I am stuck on making the “CHOICES Data Validation” part, how to make the choices show since they are in different sheets. That’s my most important part I need to figure out. I’ve only populated the first 46 sheets as I didn’t know if this formate will even work. 

My second problem is that is that I have been extracting the data from other workbooks by creating a formula in each and every single one then copying and pasting it in their designated spec sheet. Which by the way takes for ever as I have only done 46 of 220 of them. There’s got to be an easier way to do this if not I’ll just keep copying and pasting. I am an excel beginner. 

I’ve attached my workbook that’s labeled Total Spec Org and a few of the specs from where I am pulling the info from.

I am doing this so that I have all my specifications of construction organized and consolidated in one place.I would greatly appreciate anyones help on this.

Bravo
joelbravo11@gmail.com

View Full Post