Quickly replace multiple accented characters with regular chars in Excel
Normally if you need to replace accented characters in workbooks, you have to repeatedly use the Find and Replace function for replacing each kind of accented character in active workbook. But with the Replace Accented Characters utility of Kutools for Excel, a handy time saver, you can easily replace all kinds of accented characters with regular chars in the whole workbook at once.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10. Read more...
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Classic Menus and Toolbars of Office 2003/XP/2000 Back to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013. Read more...
Click Kutools >> Text Tools >> Replace Accented Characters. See screenshots:
1. Select a range in which you will replace all kinds of accented characters.
2. Specify the settings in the Replace Accented Characters dialog box, see screenshot:
A: with this button, you can add new rules for your need.
B: with this button, you can delete the rules that you don’t want.
C: this button can revert to the default settings.
D: the type of various accented characters you want to replace.
E: the regular characters you need.
3. Click OK or Apply, the accented characters you specified have been replaced by the regular characters. (Note: click OK button will close the dialog box and apply the operation; but click Apply button will only apply the operation without closing the dialog box.) See screenshots:
1. You can customize the replace rules. This tool supports adding new replace rules, deleting replace rules, and modifying existing rules.
2. This tools will automatically detect lowercase and uppercase characters.
3. This tool supports Undo (Ctrl + Z).