Other Office add-ins
for empty category blog or list
How to change the default appointment length in Outlook?
By default, when you create new appointments or meetings for a day or a week, the appointment length or meeting duration in Outlook is 30 minutes with the start time and the end time as following screenshot shown. If your appointment length or meeting duration is not 30 minutes per time, do you want to change the default appointment length for your needs? With this tutorial, you can easily change the default appointment length in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013.
In Outlook, you can change the default appointment length as follows.
1. Shift to the Calendar view by clicking Calendar in the Navigation Pane.
2. Then click View > View Settings in Outlook 2010/2013.
In Outlook 2007, please click View > Current View > Customize Current View. See screenshot:
3. In the Advanced View Settings: Calendar dialog (Customize View: Date/Week/Month dialog in Outlook 2007), please click Other Settings. See screenshot:
4. When the Format Day/Week/MonthView dialog popping up, select the appointment or meeting time length from the Time scale drop-down list. And then click OK button.
5. Click OK in the following dialog. And now the appointment length is changed to the time scale you have configured immediately. See screenshot:
Note: The changes of the time scale cannot work in the Month view.
Besides the above method, you can also change the appointment length or meeting duration by clicking View > Time Scale. And then select the time scale for your own needs.
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8, Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!