Quickly set data validation to accept only IP addresses in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
In general, you can set a custom data validation with somewhat complex formula to allow only IP addresses to be entered in Excel. But with the Validate IP Address feature of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly set data validation to accept only IP addresses for one or multiple ranges with only one click.
Click Kutools > Prevent Typing > Validate IP Address. See screenshot:
With the Validate IP Address feature, you can quickly set data validation for one or multiple selections to accept IP address entries only in Excel.
1. Select a range or multiple ranges that you will set data validation to accept IP addresses only.
2. Click Kutools > Prevent Typing > Validate IP Address.
Now a dialog box pops out and reminds you the data validation has been set successfully. Please click the OK button to close it.
1. To set data validation of IP address for multiple ranges simultaneously, you can select multiple ranges together with holding the Ctrl key, and then apply the Validate IP Address feature.
2. After setting data validation to allow IP address entries only, it will pop out below warning dialog box if you enter an invalid IP address.
3. This feature will remove all existing Data Validation in the selection before setting the new IP address Data Validation.
4. This feature supports undo.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.