How-Tos - Sharing Tips and Tutorials for Microsoft Office
Here we share the tips and tricks we know about Microsoft Office. It's sharing all those things that we learn and experience along the way of developing Office add-ins and using Microsoft Office.
- How to rotate text and cell border to 45 degrees in Excel?
- How to rotate table by 90 or 180 degrees in Excel?
- How to retrieve date and time from computer in Excel?
- How to pad IP address with zero in Excel?
- How to pad cells to a fixed length in Excel?
- How to insert or display named range on another sheet?
- How to increment date by 1 month, 1 year or 7 days in Excel?
- How to get a row or column letter of the current cell in Excel?
- How to delete blank cells and move data left in Excel?
- How to compare two numbers with decimal numbers in Excel?
- How to remove first, last or certain characters from text in Excel?
- How to combine multiple workbooks to one workbook in Excel?
- How to convert birthdate to age quickly in Excel?
- Merge and Combine Columns without Losing Data in Excel
- How to add text to the beginning or end of all cells in Excel?
- How to quickly apply formula to an entire column or row with/without dragging in Excel?
- How to split full name to first and last name in Excel?
- How to merge worksheets / workbooks into one worksheet?
- How to add/insert leading zeros to numbers or text in Excel?
- How to count and sum cells based on background color in Excel?
What does the +1 in this formula do?Every time I have tried this, the indentation settings automatically change in the resulting imported style. (i.e. Left changes from .08" (Doc A) to 1" (Doc b) and Hanging changes from .4" (Doc A) to .5" (Doc B)). This renders the import from Doc A useless in Doc B. Help?Thanks for the stop tip.. Appreciated.@JohnHas no one found a solution for this? It would be very helpful.@JatinI think you want this:
=TEXT(EOMONTH(A2,0),"mm/dd/yyyy")&" 01"10 hours ago How to add comma after first word in each cell?none of these are working for me. every one is putting the comma BEFORE the first word. help!11 hours ago How to transpose and link values in Excel?excellent. used the define name method12 hours ago ExtendOffice - Professional Office Add-insim am running a vbscript to split and save xls workbook, but it omits long text(>30 characters).
how can i change the characters to >30 in the script?I managed to use this code and successfully create multiple selection drop down boxes. It worked when I closed and re-opened on different days. However, now not all of the cells I originally selected are allowing multiple selection. Only ones done previously, despite using the code for the whole spreadsheet. Can you help?@Jim DAre you kidding me? Whats so annoying about this feature? Perfect for working a lot with mails..
- 1 How to count and sum cells based on background color in Excel? 182
- 2 ExtendOffice - Professional Office Add-ins 162
- 3 How to merge worksheets / workbooks into one worksheet? 125
- 4 How to convert birthdate to age quickly in Excel? 122
- 5 Kutools for Excel: Powerful Excel Toolbox 102
- 6 How to remove first, last or certain characters from text in Excel? 97
- 7 How to combine multiple workbooks to one workbook in Excel? 93
- 8 How to spell out or convert numbers to English words in Excel? 90
- 9 How to lock and protect selected cells in Excel? 87
- 10 How to fill blank cells with value above in Excel? 82