Tip: Other languages are Google-Translated. You can visit the English version of this link.
x
or
x
x
Register
x

or

sticky Office Tab Stopped Working

More
2 months 1 week ago #1859 by Excelfans
Replied by Excelfans on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Hello,
Please try to disable the antivirus software and the windows defender and try to reinstall the software.

The windows defender may be the culprit.

Please try to contact us via sales@extendoffice.com or support@extendoffice.com.
Please try to be more specific about your issue in the email, and you will get the solution quickly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #1858 by davephx
Replied by davephx on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Same issue started a few weeks ago with Ver 14.  May have been due to recent Windows/office update. Try and open new tab get initiation error 4.  If try to save docx "not responding" or even going to options to delete add-on crashes.  Does recover docx and can then disable office tabs.  I do miss the tabs which have used for many years!  I have reinstalled from website but same issue.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #1439 by AZMoosie
Replied by AZMoosie on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Nico, I don't understand what you mean by "I blocked Bitdefender". This is from my post almost a month ago:

"My Bitdefender Advanced Threat Defense is enabled, as it should be. I placed Word and Excel (all I need) executables in the exception list so that Office Tabs function. Still not the best solution because the MS Office apps are always a huge target for malware; those apps should be protected. A better solution is STILL necessary, one that does not expose the Office apps."

I made sure none of my Office apps were running when I added Word and Excel to Bitdefender's Advanced Threat defense Exception list. If, for some odd reason this does not work for you, you may want to restart the system and then try opening one of the apps again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: qiuhongkun

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #1427 by qiuhongkun
Replied by qiuhongkun on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Hello,
Do you mean the problem persists after disabling the Bitdefender? Please restart the system and then reinstall the software.

BTW, the windows defender will block the add-in too.

Thanks in advance.

More
10 months 6 days ago #1399 by ngriesbaum
Replied by ngriesbaum on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
Hi, I'm running Office 365 32bit on Windows 1809 64bit. I am using Bitdefender. I installed v13.1 and get the Initialization 4 error same as the other users on this page. I blocked Bitdefender, reinstalled v13.1, no change. Please let me know what I can do to make it work.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #1389 by AZMoosie
Replied by AZMoosie on topic Office Tab Stopped Working
My Bitdefender Advanced Threat Defense is enabled, as it should be. I placed Word and Excel (all I need) executables in the exception list so that Office Tabs function. Still not the best solution because the MS Office apps are always a huge target for malware; those apps should be protected. A better solution is STILL necessary, one that does not expose the Office apps.

Moderators: jaychivoExcelfansqiuhongkun