Easily add hours/minutes/seconds to a datetime in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
Supposing you have a date time format data in a cell, such as 2015/5/3 17:53:20, and now you need to add a number of hours, minutes, or seconds to this date. Normally, using formula is the first method for all Excel users, but it’s hard to remember all formulas. With Kutools for Excel’s built-in Formula Helper you can easily add hours, minutes or seconds to a date time with formulas, and you don’t need to remember the formula at all.
Click Kutools > Formula Helper > Add hours to date / Add minutes to date / Add seconds to date. See screenshot:
Supposing you have a date time 2015/5/3 17:53:20 in cell A1, and you want to add 10 hours, 120 minutes or 1500 seconds to it, please do as follows.
1. Select a blank cell where you want to put the result, click Kutools > Formula Helper > Data & Time > Add hours to date to add hours to the date time.
1). For adding minutes, please click Kutools > Formula Helper > Date & Time > Add minutes to date;
2). And for adding seconds, please click Kutools > Formula Helper > Date & Time > Add seconds to date.
2. In the Formulas Helper dialog box, click the first button. See screenshot:
Tip: For adding minutes or seconds to date time, the Add minutes to date or the Add seconds to date option is highlighted in the Choose a formula box.
3. In the popping up Formulas Helper-Arg1 dialog box, select the cell with the date time you want to add hours, minutes, or seconds to, and then click the OK button.
3. When it returns to the Formulas Helper dialog box, enter the hour, minute, or second number you want to add to the date time in the Number box (here we enter 10, which means that we are going to add 10 hours to the date time). And then click the Ok button.
Tip: for adding 120 minutes or 1500 seconds to the date time, please enter 120 or 1500 into the Number box.
4. Now the hour, minutes or seconds is added to the date time. If the cell you place the result is not the date time format, please change the cell format with right-clicking the cell and clicking Format Cells, then entering m/d/yyyy h:mm:ss into the Type box in the Custom section under Number tab. See screenshot:
You will get the adding results as below screenshots shown.
Add 10 hours to date time 2015/5/3 17:53:20
Add 120 minutes to date time 2015/5/3 17:53:20
Add 1500 seconds to date time 2015/5/3 17:53:20
1. If you want to subtract a number of hours, minutes or seconds from the date time, you just need to enter a negative number, such as -10, -120, -1500 in the Number box of the Formulas Helper dialog.
2. To find the exact formula quickly, you can also check the Filter checkbox, and then type the key word you need in the Formulas Helper dialog.
3. Share this feature to your friend or social media button: If you like this feature and want to share it to your friends or other social media, please click this button in the Formulas Helper dialog box. See screenshot:
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.