Quickly calculate the days hours and minutes between two datetimes in Excel
Kutools for Excel
To calculate the difference in days, hours and minutes between two datetimes, normally, you need to apply a formula to get the result, it may be difficult for you to remember many formulas for calculating, in this case, Kutools for Excel’ Formulas Helper collects lots of commonly used formulas for us, with its Count days, hours and minutes between dates option, you can quickly get the result no longer need to remember any formulas.
For using the Kutools for Excel to calculate the days, hours and minutes between two datetimes, please do with the following steps:
1. Click a cell where you want to locate the calculated result, and then, click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper, see screenshot:
2. In the Formulas Helper dialog box, please do the following operations:
- In the Formula Type drop down list, please select Date option;
- Then, select Count days, hours and minutes between dates option in the Choose a formula list box;
- In the right Arguments input box, select the start date and end date cells that you want to use to calculate.
3. After finishing the settings, click OK button, and you will get the first calculated result, then, you just need to drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to apply this formula, and you will get the following result as you need:
1. You can also go to find this formula by clicking Kutools > Formula Helper > Date & Time > Count days, hours and minutes between dates, see screenshot:
2. To find the exact formula quickly, you can also check the Filter checkbox, and then type the key word you need in the Formulas Helper dialog.
3. :Share this feature to your friend or social media button: If you like this feature and want to share it to your friends or other social media, please click this button in the Formulas Helper dialog box. See screenshot:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.