Quickly create a year over year comparison bar chart in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In general, we can create a clustered bar chart to compare the series data of two years in Excel. However, the bar chart cannot show the exact differences between two years. Now, with the Difference Comparison Chart of Kutools of Excel, you can create a year over year comparison bar or column chart, which can calculate the differences between two years and only show the differences in the chart.
You can apply the Comparison Bar Chart feature of Kutools for Excel to create a year over year comparison bar chart easily as follows:
1. If you have a range of data you will create the comparison bar or column chart based on as below screenshot shown.
2. Click Kutools > Charts > Difference Comparison > Difference Comparison Chart to enable this feature.
3. In the Difference Comparison Chart dialog, please specify the operations as this:
- Select Chart option;
- Then select Bar chart or Column chart from the Chart Type you need;
- And then, specify the axis labels, data series1 and data series 2 from the original data.
Tips: The ranges of axis labels, data series 1, and data series 2 are filled automatically based on the data source if you have selected. If they are not correct, you can change them manually.
4. Then, click OK button, the comparison bar or column chart is created at once.
If you specified the chart type as Bar chart, the comparison bar chart will look like below screenshot:
If you specified the chart type as Column chart, the comparison bar chart will show as below screenshot:
With this Difference Comparison Chart feature, you can also create the mini difference comparison bar chart in cells, please do as this:
1. Click Kutools > Charts > Difference Comparison > Difference Comparison Chart to apply this feature.
2. In the Difference Comparison Chart dialog, please specify the operations as this:
- Select Mini Chart option;
- And then, specify the data series1, data series 2 and output cells that you want to use.
3. Then, click OK button, the mini comparison bar chart is created in the cells as below screenshot shown:
In the Difference Comparison Chart dialog, you can click the Example button to open the example sheet. However, this operation will close the current dialog.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.