Quickly create a year over year comparison bar chart in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In general, we can create a clustered bar chart to compare the series data of two years in Excel. However, the bar chart cannot show the exact differences between two years. Now, with the Comparison Bar Chart of Kutools of Excel, you can create a year over year comparison bar chart, which can calculate the differences between two years and only show the differences in the bar chart.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can apply the Comparison Bar Chart feature of Kutools for Excel to create a year over year comparison bar chart easily as follows:
1. Prepare and select the sets of series values you will create the comparison bar chart based on.
2. Click Kutools > Charts > Comparison Bar Chart to enable this feature.
3. In the Comparison Bar Chart dialog, please specify the chart type, and the ranges of axis labels, data series 1, and data series 2 as you need, and click the Ok button.
Tips: The ranges of axis labels, data series 1, and data series are filled automatically based on the data source you selected in the Step 1. If they are not correct, you can change them manually.
4. In the popping out Kutools for Excel dialog, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
5. Now the comparison bar chart is created at once.
If you specified the chart type as Style 1, the comparison bar chart will look like below screenshot:
If you specified the chart style as Style 2, the comparison bar chart will show as below screenshot:
1. When applying the Comparison Bar Chart to create a chart, it will generate a hidden sheet to store the intermediate data.
2. In the Comparison Bar Chart dialog, you can click the Example button to open the example sheet. However, this operation will close the current dialog.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.