Quickly hide or unhide formulas when protecting a worksheet
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
If your worksheet has some important formulas which you do not want others to view when worksheet is protected, you may want to hide these formulas, but in Excel this task is not easy to solve. Kutools for Excel’s Formulas Hide utility can satisfy your need on quickly hiding formulas when protecting a worksheet.
Click Kutools Plus>> Worksheet Design >> Hide Formulas / Unhide Formulas. See screenshot:
1. Click Kutools Plus> Worksheet Design to show the Design tab, Then selecting the formula cells you want to hide. See screenshot:
2. Then click Hide Formulas utility, a dialog is popping out to notice you that the formulas will be hidden when the worksheet is protected. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Then click Protect Sheet utility to show the Protect Sheet dialog, then specify your setting, enter a password in Password to unprotect sheet box and click OK, next in the coming Confirm Password dialog retype the password. See screenshot:
Tip: You can also open the Protect Sheet dialog by clicking the Review > Protect Sheet.
4. Click OK. Now when you clicking on any formula cells which you applied the Formulas Hide utility to in Step 1, and the formula will be hidden as follows.
If you want to show the hidden formulas in the proteced worksheet, you need to unprotect the worksheet and then apply Formulas Unhide utility to those hidden formulas cells , you can do as below steps:
1. Click Unprotect Sheet and type in the password to unprotect the sheet. See screenshot:
2. Highlighting cells with hidden formulas: Click Kutools Plus> Worksheet Design to show the Design tab, and click Highlight Hidden, then the hidden formula cells all are highlighted with a color. And now you can easily identify which cell includes hidden formula. See screenshot:
3. Unhide hidden formulas: please select the highlighted hidden formula cells which you want to unhide, and click Unhide Formulas. See screenshots:
4. Click OK. The formulas of those cells will not be hidden anymore even though the worksheet is protected. See screenshot:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.