Quickly hide or unhide formulas when protecting a worksheet
Kutools for Excel
If your worksheet has some important formulas which you do not want others to view when worksheet is protected, you may want to hide these formulas, but in Excel this task is not easy to solve. Kutools for Excel’s Formulas Hide utility can satisfy your need on quickly hiding formulas when protecting a worksheet.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools Plus>> Worksheet Design >> Formulas Hide / Formulas Unhide. See screenshot:
1. Click Kutools Plus> Worksheet Design to show the Design tab, Then selecting the formula cells you want to hide. See screenshot:
2. Then click Formulas Hide utility, a dialog is popping out to notice you that the formulas will be hidden when the worksheet is protected. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Then click Protect Sheet utility to show the Protect Sheet dialog, then specify your setting, enter a password in Password to unprotect sheet box and click OK, next in the coming Confirm Password dialog retype the password. See screenshot:
Tip: You can also open the Protect Sheet dialog by clicking the Review > Protect Sheet.
4. Click OK. Now when you clicking on any formula cells which you applied the Formulas Hide utility to in Step 1, and the formula will be hidden as follows.
If you want to show the hidden formulas in the proteced worksheet, you need to unprotect the worksheet and then apply Formulas Unhide utility to those hidden formulas cells , you can do as below steps:
1. Click Unprotect Sheet and type in the password to unprotect the sheet. See screenshot:
2. Highlighting cells with hidden formulas: Click Kutools Plus> Worksheet Design to show the Design tab, and click Highlight Hidden, then the hidden formula cells all are highlighted with a color. And now you can easily identify which cell includes hidden formula. See screenshot:
3. Unhide hidden formulas: please select the highlighted hidden formula cells which you want to unhide, and click Formulas Unhide. See screenshots:
4. Click OK. The formulas of those cells will not be hidden anymore even though the worksheet is protected. See screenshot:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.