Quickly hide or unhide workbooks and sheets (worksheets) in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
By hiding workbooks and worksheets in Excel, you can easily access the data you need at the moment, and it's also a way to prevent others from seeing the data you want to restrict access to. However, Excel only allows you to hide one workbook or worksheet at a time. If you have dozens of workbooks or worksheets, it'll be time-consuming to hide those workbooks or worksheets one by one. And this is the reason I recommend you to use Hide / Unhide Workbooks and Sheets tool of Kutools for Excel. With the utility, you can:
- Hide or unhide all open workbooks with one click.
- Quickly hide or unhide any open workbooks.
- Make all worksheets (except for the active sheet) hidden or very hidden with one click.
- Make all worksheets visible with one click.
- Make any worksheets (at least one visible worksheet in a workbook) in any open workbooks visible, hidden or very hidden.
Note: It's all done interactively, you can see the effect immediately.
Click Kutools >> Show & Hide >> Hide/Unhide Workbooks and Sheets. See screenshots:
Hide / Unhide workbooks in Excel
- Tick or untick Workbook checkbox to hide or unhide all open workbooks.
- Uncheck a workbook to hide the workbook. (Check the workbook back to unhide it.)
- Check the View workbook option so that a workbook will show when you select it.
Hide / Unhide worksheets in Excel
- Tick or untick Worksheet checkbox to hide all worksheets except for the selected worksheet.
- Select a worksheet, and then change its visibility status in Status drop-down list to: Visible, Hidden or Very Hidden.
- Three buttons: Unhide all, Hide all but (the selected sheets), and VeryHidden all but (the selected sheets) help you easily change the visibility status of worksheets in batch.
- You cannot hide all worksheets in a workbook, but make at least one sheet visible. However, you can hide all open workbooks.
- If you make a sheet hidden, the worksheet can be unhidden by right-clicking the sheet tab and selecting Unhide.
- If you make a sheet very hidden, you cannot unhide the worksheet by selecting Unhide, but changing its visibility status to Visible in Hide/Unhide Workbooks and Sheets dialog.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.