Quickly insert file name and file path into cell, header or footer in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Sometimes, we may need to inserting current Excel file (workbook) name, the file saving path and worksheet name in a cell, header or footer in Excel. Normally, we have to use formulas to insert workbook name, worksheet name or the file saving path into a cell, and if we need to insert that information into the header or footer, we should use Header & Footer function. That's too complicated! But with Kutools for Excel's Insert Workbook Information utility, we can insert current file information (such as current worksheet name, file name, file saving path, user name, current date and time and so on) into a cell, header or footer in Excel quickly.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools Plus > Workbook > Insert Workbook Information. See screenshots:
Insert workbook name, the file saving path or, worksheet name or user name into a cell, header or footer
In the Insert Workbook Information dialog box, specify information you want to insert from Information, and then choosing the position that you want to insert the information into, you can specify to insert the workbook information to a Range, Header or Footer.
For example, I will insert the workbook path & name in header of the worksheet as follows:
1. In the Insert Workbook Information dialog box, check the Workbook path & name from Information, and then choose Header from the Insert at, and you can specify Center, Left or Right of header to insert the workbook information at as well.
2. Then click Ok. The workbook saving path and workbook name have been inserted in the Header of current worksheet. You can preview it from View > Page Layout.
You can also insert the last saved or modified timestamp of a workbook in a cell, header or footer of current worksheet by selecting the Date modified option in the Insert Workbook Information dialog box
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.