Quickly lookup a value and return a different cell from the table
Kutools for Excel
Supposing you want to look up a specific value and return its corresponding data from another column in Excel. To solve this task, the VLOOKUP function in Excel may help us, but most of us may not remember how to use the VLOOKUP function in a formula to do so. Kutools for Excel’s built-in Formula Helper contains some frequently – used formulas, such as calculate age, look for a value in a list, etc. may help you quickly apply formulas in Excel without remembering or knowing the formulas.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
For Example, I have a data range, now, I would like to know if the product Pear exist in column A of the table, if so, to return its corresponding quantity from column B as the following screenshot shown:
1. Click a cell where you want to put the result, for instance, I will click cell F2.
2. Then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper, see screenshot:
3. In the Formulas Helper dialog box, specify the arguments as follows:
- In the Choose a formula box, find and select Look for a value in list;
Tips: You can check the Filter box, enter certain word into the text box to filter the formula quickly.
- In the Table_array box, click the button to select the table range which contains the lookup value and the result value;
- In the Look_value box, click the button to select the cell containing the value you are searching for. Or you can directly enter the value into this box;
- In the Column box, click the button to specify the column you will return the matched value from. Or you can enter the column number into the textbox directly as you need.
- Click OK.
Then the matched value has been returned from the list.
1. If there are more than one looked up value in the table, only the first matched value will be returned.
2. If the looked up value does not exist in the table, it will return an error value.
3. The look up value must be in the first column of the table range.
4. If you like this Formula Helper, you can click the Share icon in the Formulas Helper dialog to share it with your friend via email or share to social medias such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Weibo.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.