Quickly lookup a value and return a different cell from the table
Kutools for Excel
Supposing you want to look up a specific value and return its corresponding data from another column in Excel. To solve this task, the VLOOKUP function in Excel may help us, but most of us may not remember how to use the VLOOKUP function in a formula to do so. Kutools for Excel’s built-in Commonly-used Formulas which contains some frequently – used formulas, such as calculate age, look for a value in a list, etc. may help you quickly apply formulas in Excel without remembering or knowing the formulas.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
For Example, I have a data range, now, I would like to know if the product Pear exist in column A of the table, if so, to return its corresponding quantity from column B as the following screenshot shown:
1. Click a cell where you want to put the result, for instance, I will click cell F2.
2. Then apply the utility by clicking Kutools > Formulas > Look for a value in list, see screenshot:
3. In the Formula Helper dialog box, specify the arguments as follows:
(1.) Click the first button besides the Table_array to select the data range which you want to look for the value from;
(2.) Then click the second button besides the Look_value to select the cell value that you want to find. Or you can directly enter the value into the Look_value box;
(3.) At last, click the third button besides Column to specify the column which will return the corresponding value from.
4. After finishing the settings, please click Ok, and the matched value has been returned from the list.
1. If there are more than one looked up value in the table, only the first matched value will be returned.
2. If the looked up value does not exist in the table, it will return an error value.
3. The look up value must be in the first column of the table range.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.